Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Summer concerts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, May 5, 2004.

1. What concerts are you going to this summer ?

This will be a good summer for me. I have Aerosmith, then Ozzfest, and lastly Rush. I'm sure something else will come my way also. Yay :)

2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    May go to ozzfest if Sabbath plays, though i hope they don't play the exact same setlist as the past 30 years. But they probably will....you guys have been in the business for 35 years, i know you have the ability to mix things up a little bit!! You have 9 almums worth of material, stop playing the same songs over and over and over and over. Same goes with solo Ozzy. I'd put 100$ on a bet saying paranoid is the encore.

My friends want me to go to warped tour, but mall "punk" was never my thing.

Definitly going to hit up the Primus concert if i can get tickets, for some reason Detroit is the only city still not selling them.

3. Primus, Rush, and whatever goof hardcore acts come through providence.

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Warped Tour. Not exactly my scene, but the Warped Tour at the Gorge in Washington is so god damn fun.

Rumor is that NIN will be touring, but I highly doubt it, if however Trent and Co. hit the road I will got to as many as possible.

Have not really heard of any other tours I feel compelled to spend money on, hopefully some will arise.

5. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    seeing incubus in july

thats all i have planned so far

6. Probably gonna go to Lollapalooza (and worship Sonic Youth)
    If I can't go, then I'll go see Incubus

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    finger 11 in june AGAIN!!!!

8. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Rush @ the Bowl.

9. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I'm planning on seeing Primus, Rush, and Jimmy Buffett.

The only concert that I know I'm going to for sure is Josh Groban. My wife's a big fan, we've already seen him once. I have to admit it was an unbelievable show. That kid has some powerhouse pipes and his backing band was really good.

10. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm trying to slow down my concert going because of the expense and time involved. In the last year I've been to several concerts...but this summer I WILL go to:

1) The Maryland Death Fest in Baltimore to start things off May 29th and 30th.

2) Nightwish in Philly on Aug 19, and again in Ohio on Aug. 23. GO SEE THIS BAND! And buy their new CD when it comes out next month.

EDIT: just to avoid confusion, Nightwish is a power rock band, not death metal, lol. (www.nightwish.com, www.ticketmaster.com, http://beyondearcandy.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1)

Other than that, I always try to see local bands and I, myself, will be gigging quite a bit this summer with my band, Brood X.

11. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
  12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Your going to have a great time, they are really rocken now. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

13. Here is my current concert list:

-Bela Fleck and the flecktones 6/27
    -Dane Cook(comedian) 7/1
    -Incubus 7/2
    -Dave mathews band 7/6-7/7

I'm sure there is something else i'm going to, but i can't remember right now. I'm sure i will be adding atleast another 4-5 shows before the end of the summer to that list.

14. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Goint to see Bela and Victor, Stanley Clarke w/ Al ego head Dimeola, and Jean Luc Ponty, and ee gads VanHalen...

Also, I'll be performing on the mainstage at MusikFest on August 10- the Largest music festival in Pennsylvania.

15. Caeros

Caeros

Jul 24, 2002
    Branford, CT
    6/25 - Hancock/Shorter/Holland/Blade @ Carnegie Hall
    6/27 - Thrice in Lowell, Mass
    7/10 - Ozzfest 2004 @ Meadows Music Center
    8/6 - Rush @ " "

should be a few more... I've already seen Dream Theater, Cave In and King's X this year so I can't wait for these.

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    DMB in July @ the Tweeter Center

maybe Slammer's band BrainStatik later this Month.

Summer NAMM (does that count?)

mostly playing / getting gigs myself.

17. The tweeter center in Mansfield, Mass?? If so i'll be there!

18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Camden NJ

19. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    dont forget your flak jacket...