Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Summer NAMM Benavente Booth Videos....Finally

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by James Hart, Aug 10, 2003.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hey Guys! If anyone is interested I just uploaded 10 videos to the Benavente Guitars Website

Just click the 'Basses of Summer NAMM' image

let me know if anyone has any problems playing the videos.

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    :bassist:

3. Hey James-o,
    I tried the Doug Wimbish file but it didn't get any video. The audio sounded fine though. I'm using a Macintosh with OS 10.2.

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Hey Hey Jerome... long time!

What player are you trying? My Mac is too old to load X. If you can install Windows Media Player... I encoded them for Version 9.

Was it my little file or Brian's 40mb one? His is a MPEG and should play if you have DVD abilities.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    *crickets*

12 hours of my life so far encoding and building the page, ripping the MP3s, editing the page, etc etc etc.

Anyone else?

There are some smoking players!!! Great Bass chops

6. Just downloaded all the vids. Thanks a ton.:bassist:

7. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    Hey Speddling, there is no windows media player version 9 for macintosh. All us mac people can only listen.

:bawl:

8. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Plenty of chops on display there.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Awesome vids! I love how Avon Lucas starts playing along to cock-rocker guitarists when they get too loud.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    BTW, the sound disappears on the Cameron1-1 vid about a quarter of the way through. Also, the Jon Smith video is not linked properly; the link goes to the video page and not a wmv.

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    that's Ken Smith's son... and a minor. We're just waiting on an email 'OK' from Ken to go with the verbal Brian got that day. :D

Dang, I'm without audio on Cameron's too. I'll re encode and upload it now!

Thanks everyone. I'll see what I can do for the Mac people (I worked for Apple... and still have 5 in the house. I just can't afford a new one).

12. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!

:D

Hey, those were awesome!!!!

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    ok... Cameron is fixed. Let me know if there are any other problems.

I'm sorry about the Mac thing :(

my buddy has QuickTime pro... I'll see if he can rip me a set of MOV files.

14. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I downloaded all 10. Awesome videos, awesome players. Thanks for putting it up, James!

15. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I tried downloading the Cameron1-1 vid again, and the sound still goes out around :30.

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    hmmm... tested and verified on WinXP up-to-date and a Win98 machine with the stock WMP.

Maybe you got the old one cached?

17. Wow, big thanks to James. Avon is unreal, thanks to him Im putting in some additional hardcore practice!

All these guys are riduculously good, but I was most impressed by Avon's fingerstyle and his amazing fretless work. Ike "za" williams was sick as well, really playing some sick melodies. Jonathan estes laying down those grooves was nice as well, he was probably the only guy to relax off the chops and flat out lay it down.

Thanks again for bringing that out for us too see man.

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nope, cleared my temp. folders and tried left clicking the video itself instead of downloading.

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Sorry Bryan! Hopefully I can get the .mov versions up within the next couple days.

20. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I enjoyed the Ike clips a lot, he seemed to take a pretty musical approach and you could hear the bass tone pretty good. Seemed a little bright, but maybe it was just the way he wanted it.

Otherwise, there's a heck of a lot of clicky tappy going on, which doesn't seem like the best way to hear the character of the instrument itself. I suppose the other guys were focusing on the playability factors more, maybe?
    Were most of these just players dropping by to check out the basses? None of them were working in the booth I take it?

I wonder what the settings on the fretless were? Does it have a piezo? I'd been curious about what that one would sound like. Sure is pretty.

Thanks for doing all that work!