Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Summer NAMM Report ! ! !

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by James Hart, Jul 18, 2003.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Well ?!? it's Saturday already here on the East Coast... Where are the reports and pictures?

:bassist:

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    :meh: ok I'll just wait...

I should be there, the Mrs's was gonna try and hook me up but I had a gig. :mad: but my friggin band broke up last week.

Sun will be up soon, guess I should sleep.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    like... ummm... it is this weekend right???

Anyone go?

What's the Gear Buzzz?

Who got together?

Where are the pictures?

I need to fixate my summer GAS!

:bassist:

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Helllo...hello hello hello
    is there anybody out there?

5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I have no pictures but it was fun!! Saw Steve Baily.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Thanks Dan! I got your email this AM from the Benavente yahoo group. So Steve Baily was diggin the chambered SC Benavente huh?

Any real buzz? I've read Fender is finally doing series/parallel switches with a funky 'stealth' switch... anything else?

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Fender also has copies of that 6 string that Tye from Alien Ant Farm plays. I got to hang out with Doug Wimbush. He and my friend Za torched the Benevente booth! Brian, Brad, Chris are VERY cool guys. Everything I've read about Beneventes were understatements! I've got to get one of those!!!!! I also had a great time hanging with Ken Smith. Those KSB Proto Jazzes are beyond what you've heard! Dave Pomeroy was VERY cool. He and I talked for a while. Adam Nitti and Keith Horne ("How do you do that?!") killed the Warrior booth. Jeff berlin also wreaked havoc in the Cort booth. Jeff is insanely talented!

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    [​IMG]

The Vintage Vortex looked good on you :cool:

but not as good as the Single Cut looked on Doug :D

[​IMG]

I'm soo pissed I missed the fun.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Funny thing is, I never hated singlecuts, but felt that they weren't for me. All of that changed after I played those. I'd buy one of his.

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I'm more of a 'Vintage' guy these days. That's why I went with the 51. I'm looking @ a Vintage Vortex to hopefully go to winter NAMM then shipped to me after it's over.

Chris' necks are amazing, aren't they? I have to force myself to pull out my fretless. It's such a dog next to my 51

11. Fender also has copies of that 6 string that Tye from Alien Ant Farm plays i wanna see pics, cause iam confused, the bass iam thinking of is like a ct.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I played it. It was a Custom Shop bass and I was given a price of $7400.

13. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Just for the Curious, are there any pix of that bass?

14. yeah this doesnt seem liek soem thing fender would do. if its the bass i was thinking of.

on a side note i wanna see the pics of the 6 string jazz basses that they have made,i rember see them here.

15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    is the 6 string jazz fretless that Nino is pictured with a while back... I thin kthat I remember something like that.

16. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Somebody over at the Dudepit has put a few NAMM pics online here.

Also, check out www.harmony-central.com for the latest NAMM press-releases (from the major manufacturers) - they have some streaming video from the Warwick stand (among others).

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I didn't get pics of anything, decided to hang out and not shoot a bunch of pics.

The two CS sixes played well and couldn't have looked more not like a Fender. I guess if that if they were replicas of the AAF basses that would explain the humongous block of wood at the neck joint... and the gigantic headstock. If Washburn can ask in excess of $3k for a Bootsy bass I guess in excess of $7k isn't so out of line for Fender.

Right;)

18. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

Brad - how was the Brubaker booth?

Too bad my 6 wasn't done yet to take for the show.

19. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Well sort of, $7k is a bit steep... I'm trying to use the 'search function' but something is wrong with the server or something... I was going to find that 6 string CS Jazz that Nino was holding, in that thread asking if there was such a thing as a Six String Jazz....

Man, I could pick up 3 Atelier Z 6 string Jazzes for $7k, If I was wanting one (or 3) that bad!!!

The Cost sounds like more a deterrent IMO.

20. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN