Summer NAMM review...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JPJ, Jul 24, 2005.

1. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Well...since it looks like we don't have a Summer NAMM thread yet, I may as well start one. :smug: I just got back from Indy and had a pretty enjoyable time this year. I met up with Chris and Brian at the Benavente booth, as always, and was pretty impressed with the array that they had displayed. J.T., J-raj, Jens Ritter, Mike Adler, and Al Caldwell were all in essentially the same area, so it was pretty easy to touch base with everyone. For the first year in Indy, attendance was down from what I have experienced in Nashville, but it also made for a pretty quiet and relaxed atmosphere. You could actually have a conversation without being drowned out by the "weedly-weedly-weedly" squeels of some guy doing his Eddie Van Halen impression! :D

As for new and notable items....there really weren't any that stood out. Of course, the basses on display in the Benavente, Ritter, and Adler booths were outstanding! The lack of "superstars" and big name musicians was pretty noticable, though. The highlight on Saturday, at least in my book, dealt with the recovery of the stolen Benavente SC5 from Friday afternoon. It seems that the guy who (allegedly) stole the bass took it straight to a local GC and tried to swap it for a $3,000 keyboard. One of the kids who was working in the GC stopped by the booth to share the story....pretty funny. :smug: Were there any other TBers at the show?
  2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    That's GREAT to hear that the Benevente was recovered. I read the threads about it going missing, but had nothing to add to the sympathies so I didn't subscribe to hear if they posted it being found.

Sounds like a nice NAMM if it was laid back. My sister goes to the West Coast one and she always describes it as a huge zoo.

But you know it's not real if you don't post pics.
  3. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL

Didn't bring a camera...sorry. :(
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Then you didn't go...
  5. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    HA! I'm sure Mr. Barrett took enough photos and shot enough video footage to satisfy everyone! :smug:
  6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I can't imagine someone getting away with that. I knew it would be recovered pretty quickly.
  7. was f@6 plays keyboard over bass?
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I wish i went.....i'm about an hour north of Indy-dad actually lives in Greenwood [south side of Indy].

Oh well-waiting on pics. There was a thread that had some of the EB stuff, and that's making me curious to know what else was there.

Edit: one of my friends went and i got to hear him say "it was awesome" and some stuff. He brought me back 2 of the wedgie rubber picks, and this pick holder that goes on your strings-looks like a string tree. The picks sound pretty good to me.

That's all