Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Summer Plans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Hey Guys...

I am just asking/curious as to what your summer plans are this summer...

it doesn't have to be music-related...just,what you doing? whats planned?

(Please nothing explicit)

:rolleyes:

Me:

I am not going on any vacations that I know of...But,I am gonna try to get out of the house more,and maybe get a job. Also,this being my first summer w/ bass...I will want to learn alot of stuff over the summer,playing alot more etc..>.

What about you?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I am going to Greece on 16th June and then Jazz Summer School at the University of Glamorgan in July - plus more open-air gigs in the Summer -Summer as usual - playing music and swimming in the Med, hopefully! :)

3. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I am going diving in Cozumel next week.

Then San Francisco and Seattle later this summer.

I still have to go to off-season training at school 3 days a week and I have to work.

4. I might do a road trip with a couple of my buddies out to California(Wrong Robot look out).

5. i might be going to las vegas with my family, but i'm not sure.

6. sweet...guys,look like you got some fun plans ahead of yuo! hope you guys have a good time!

I would like to take a road trip w/ a friend or two...I think it'd be neat. A small one,of course.

-Jon :oops:

7. Takin' a solo road trip out West, starting a week from Friday. Gonna go through SLC, then spend a week in the Bay Area, then a few days down in San Diego.

8. MattyN

MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    in august. i'm thinking either mexico or spain for our honeymoon? any suggestions?

my fiance is letting me pick our destination (its about the only thing having to with the wedding i get to pick). ;)

9. Congrats MattyN!

w00t!

10. Mexico's way cheaper. Go to Spain when the European Central Bank gets its head out of its rectum and cuts interest rates.

11. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Well I have been working pretty much every waking minute this summer so far

BUT,

NExt weekend I am heading to Tenn, for Bonnaroo, with some friends.

Then later in JUly gots to go to NY for a family reunion. I am looking forward to both.

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    No work for me this summer :meh:

It looks I'm going to get my originals pop/rock-band going, and perhaps go to some summer music festivals and/or hitch-hike around the country a bit.

13. MattyN

MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    thanks osama!

14. MattyN

MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    yeah... thats pretty much what i'm thinkin. plus mexico shouldn't be very crowded in august. its gonna be HOT though.

15. I'm told that the Pacific coast is never all that hot. Acapulco or PV might be lovely.

16. MattyN

MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    interesting... i was eyeing a place called "Akumal" on the carribean side:

http://www.info-akumal.com/

but i never considered that the pacific side would be cooler (although it makes total sense).

i'm looking for someplace a little more "out of the way" than Acapulco or PV... if you got more ideas i'm all ears.

17. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, I can't imagine being on the Caribbean coast in the summer. There's a reason they call it the "Mosquito Coast."

18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Well, my vacation from work starts on june 20th and ends about the 25th of july.

What I know for sure is that I will be going to Copenhagen, Denmark with my friend.

That will be fun I´m sure! :)

Other than that, I have no plans...

19. Oh how i wish i had a vacation...noooo...welding course nonstop all summer...I'll be sweating like a pig...

At least I can go fishing on weekends, and maybe have a bbq at my summerhouse..

20. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Wifey and I are in the process of buying another house and soon we'll be moving. After that, we'll be painting etc.......and I'll be building a bigger garage to house the hotrods.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get the Camaro out and go to the track a few times this year.