Summerfest Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff O'Connor, May 10, 2005.

1. Jeff O'Connor

Jeff O'Connor Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Stratford, CT
    I'm playing summerfest in wisconsin this summer and will be using backline equip. Not sure what they can get me but what schould i ask for? :eyebrow: ya know I could get all crazy but i just wanna make sure i have a hefty enough rig. eden, swr, ashdown? I suppose i could just ask.....but its my first time requesting equipment. :help:
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    They know the size of the stage and its requirements. Give them a RANGE: Just tell them you need a MINIMUM one 4x10, preferably 8X10 or 4x10 and 1x15, and a professional level bass amp with at least 300 watts minimum rating, preferably more. Say "for example, Eden WT-550, GallienKrueger 1001RB, etc. etc."

They almost NEVER are able to get you exactly what you want, so you give them a range and some examples.

I would also recommend that you bring along a Sansamp BDDI in your gig bag. It will help solve any problems should the amp they provide be crap.
  3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Don't worry about it. Unless you are on the main stage at
    night, you will only get a quick line check to make sure
    everything works. The backline is usually fine for one concert
    set. The sound guys don't want you too loud anyway or they can't put you in the mix or monitors very easily. Don't forget to enjoy the event. The summerfest is a great hang for musicians. Lots of other great players to meet. Ask for gear that you already know how to get a sound from. If they don't have it, get someting you can get a sound from fast and simple, or you'll spend the whole set thinking about your gear instead of the music.
  4. Jeff O'Connor

Jeff O'Connor Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    Stratford, CT
    Well, we are on the lazer 103 rock stage from 5-6, but thank you so much i couldn't agree with ya more! :hyper: