Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Summerfest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Every year there is a huge music festival in Milwaukee called Summerfest. It's billed as the largest music festival in the world. Some of the greatest bands on the planet swing by for this, here's the website: http://www.summerfest.com/home.php

There's a daily schedule thing on the right, just click on a date. The cost has gone up this year to $12 and $4 for beer. Anyway, last night I went to see a legendary local band, Couch Flambeau, and Cheap Trick topped off my night. (actually several Sprecher Special Ambers topped off my night...) It's a lot of fun, a lot of music, a lot of girls in summer attire... :) I played last Saturday, revelled in being treated like a rock star for a few hours, it was my birthday and I had a whole lot of free beer, and the weather was gorgeous, and I didn't have to drive... does life get any better?

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    $4 per beer, or for a lot?

3. i wanted to go to summerfest, but ended up not going...there was some reason i can't remember...anyways, at the Soil concert i went to at The Rave in milwaukee, they had an opening band called "Aphasia" that i talked to afterwords and they said they would be there. i really wanted to go see them. oh well, i went to the Phish concert at Alpine Valley instead!

Charlie

4. $4 a beer. I guess you can't complain too much, $12 for a whole day of music, the beer and the food used to be much less expensive.

5. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    a wise choice my friend, a wise choice indeed!!!

6. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Over the years I've seen some great bands and some great bass players at Summerfest. Rocco, Jeff Berlin, Stanley Clarke, Jerry Watts, Brian Bromberg and on and on. It's a great festival, music food and great place to watch people. Prices have gone up but what hasn't? Go and enjoy!
    Later

7. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    My wife went there to see her fav, Prince. Alas, I stayed home with the children. :bawl: