sumo vs. karate, the debate is solved (cat lovers, check it out)...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Dec 18, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    As a black belt in gojin-ryu .... i agree. (belts were not even used in the real system,,,, stupid corruption). Id say the kung fu systems are so much more pretty though..... And as far as real fighting goes,

Ok,, rant off....

I like it.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Yeah, but think of all the freebies we're getting out of this. :D And nobody is recognizing my rapid approach to the ever-important 2400.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

5. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Quick Jeff!!! Post 21 more times and show him just where all that effort got him!!! :D
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, that's no freebie - did you guys click on the link? that's some prime entertainment right there.

i can hear the little cat doing the bruce lee - "eeeeaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!"
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah, my girlfriend found that for me a few weeks ago. it probably holds the record for laugh volume from me within the past month. good stuff...

my cats the sumo for sure
  8. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    looks like what my two cats have been doing.... but the kitten is growing bigger then his mom, and is growing rapidly... mom is just getting fat! I see the butt-whipped ratio changing dramatically in the future...

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I remember that clip from a couple of years ago, but I lost my copy of it. Glad you brought it back up, JT.

I always loved that clip. Still cracks me up.
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Size beats Skill.

11. Good one JT!!!! I was gonna try to get back to my old karate class in the near future! However, maybe I'll look for a Sumo class - my figure currently would be eaiser to adapt to Sumo I think!;) :D
  12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  13. Egad!
    Notice the little TV station logo thingamajiggy on the top right corner of the screen?
    It's a Hong Kong channel! Eep!
  14. JOhnk

Mar 31, 2001
    burlington, vt
    I am a fan of both.. I am a bloodthirsty die-hard fan of sumo.. and a slightly less illustrious fan of bruce lee, which is it as far as martial arts goes with me. Honestly though, much as i adore sumo, i can easily see bruce lee beating the living fat out of musashimaru, akebono and takanohana. A sad reality for sumo...