Sumone plz help me on my first gig!!! plz...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by snatch, Oct 11, 2000.

1. snatch

Sep 24, 2000
    i got my first gig at my scool talent show. it will be played in the scool gym, which is just a basketball court, and about 15 or so bleachers. i will be playing with a guitar partner on a stage that is under one of the hoops. most of the peeple sit on the basketball court floor, and some in the stands.. my question is: will my combo amp reach that many peeple? it is a PV basic 112, we will be playing "Say it ain't so" by weezer. thanx in advance friends :)
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Are the people going to be talking?
  3. first.. how loud is your counterpart's amp? I would think that you'd be able to be heard... one way to find out.. practice in the gym one day.. and if not.. borrow an amp for the occassion..

4. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    i've played at my high school in the exact conditions you describe. my ampeg b2 200 watt 15" combo was more than enough. if the kids in the audience are polite and quiet (a rare occurrence), then you should be OK. you could always ask the people running the gym's PA system to give you a micrrophone. either put the microphone in front of your amp's speaker or unplug the microphone from its cable and hook that cable into your amp if it has a DI mic cable jack in the back.
  5. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Congratulations on your first gig.Its a real rite of passage for a musician. As for your amp don't worry about it. Its about balance more than it is about volume. Since there are only two of you in a room that will reverb like crazy you'll be fine. Unless of course your guitar playing partner shows up with 100 watt Marshall with a full stack and has that " I've got power and I'm going to use it" attitude.Naw......a guitar player with that attitude. Now that would never happen... would it??
  6. *snip*......a guitar player with that attitude. Now that would never happen... would it??*snip*

hehe, i used to have to jam with my lil fender 15b with my pv 4x10 cab while my friend had a 60watt amp.. he'd turn his all the way up and try to drown me out =( then I got my hartke 3500.. 350watts =) hehe, I'm the boss now =)

7. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    hell yeah your pv basic112 will.. my old band played a school dance, (we played korn and lb and orgy) asnd thats what i used... didnt ahve to go above 4 it was loud in there too.. and in a school gym
  8. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    YES.. i forgot to say that im happy im not the only weezer fan anymore.. woohoo