1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sun Burnt and Wining.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 1SHOT1HIT, Jun 27, 2012.

1. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Anyone got any good tips to speed up the healing phase after a sunburn?

You guys always seem to have some advice on damn near anything and everything.
    Whatcha got in the "Help my skin is on fire" subject?

I kinda had an afternoon to myself and decided I'd lounge out on an inflatable boat in the pool.

I only planned on being out there a few minutes, so I didn't bother applying sun screen at all.
    Well, two & 1/2 hours later I woke up wiped the drool from my chin and immediately knew my day was about to be much different than expected.

I kinda look like a reverse 3 tone sunburst. Pasty on the sides, slightly pink, and bright red all over my chest and stomach.

I've already done the Lidocaine,Menthol,Aloe Vera after sun gel stuff.
    Any secret remedies or tricks passed down for someone's great great great granny?

2. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Yes I just noticed I forgot the "h" in whining.

3. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    might take some inuprofen or aspirin, but other than that and what you've done, not much else that I know

4. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    This sucks I know of one thing that will cure a sun burn in like a day (even a really bad one) and that's silver sulfadiazine cream.

But unfortunately it's extremely expensive due to it having actual silver in it and is prescription only.
    Most doctors will only give it out for 2nd degree or worse burns.
    I have enough to heal a dollar bill sized section of stomach so that won't be much help.

I was hoping someone knew of some other concoction that works even half as well.

5. bassthumpersf

bassthumpersf

May 30, 2010
    Lots of aloe, lots of water & ibuprofen.

6. BigOkie

BigOkie

Nov 28, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    Believe it or not, saturate a tissue or cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and gently coat the affected area. It helps tremendously. I have suffered a lot of sunburns in my life--total northern European gene pool.

7. crobasster

crobasster

Jun 16, 2009
    croatia
    Hello my fellow talkbasser,cover your burnt skin whith a yogurt or with a wet cloths with vinegar.
    Olive oil is good too.

8. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    I'm gonna try the vinegar, hopefully this works otherwise I'm gonna be one hurting and stinking S.O.B.

Thanks guys, why is it that vinegar ALWAYS seems to fix everything?

I'm starting to think if I was stranded and could only have a few things vinegar and duct tape would be at the top of the list.

9. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

From the ginger in the house...(my tan comes in two forms - blister and peel)

+10,000 on the vinegar. If you have a large area that's burned, soak a clean cloth diaper in vinegar and lay that across the burn. That'll take the burn out. Then puree aloe leaves in the blender and pat that on. It'll help the healing. A little tylenol or aspirin will help with the pain and inflammation.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I've always found straight up aloe to be very helpful.

11. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Thanks everyone, I was forced against my will to hold off on the vinegar business until the morning.
    Well that or sleep on the couch, and well I don't plan on sleeping in the couch so Aloe it'll be for the night.

I did happen to squeeze out enough silvadine to cover most of it so if it does it's normal magic I should wake up pretty good.
    If not I'll be smelling of nasty Vinegar first thing in the morning.

12. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    You can just squeeze the aloe [succulent] leaf right onto the skin.

It's a succulent , so juicyness is its thing , there's no reason for you to stink of vinegar , if that bugs you.

13. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Yep.

14. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    +1 to the silver sulfadiazine cream. i had 2nd @ 3rd degree burns from our sun. outdoor drinking of (many) cold beverages was the cause. careful out there. good luck

15. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    oh, that aloe lotion (gel) by solarcaine that goes in the refrigerator is good too

16. Pure aloe plant

Nothing relieves the stimg more than a cool wet washcloth

I'd go to the doc though you probably can get script for the cream

17. No pics, no burn.

We amature dermitoligigists can't treat you if we can't see the damage.

18. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Aloe. Water. Alcohol (for the pain).

19. and if you ingest some silver you can become smurfman for a permanent stay :D

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    For good reason! GO! Drink! Be merry!

It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it burns like a mofo!

Thats all I got. I always seem to burn, sunblock or not. Happened to me last weekend. Im just about healed up now.