1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sunburst American Fender Precision Elite PRICE DROP!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BWorm, Sep 9, 2017.

1. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG IMG_0635.JPG IMG_0636.JPG IMG_0637.JPG IMG_0638.JPG IMG_0639.JPG I have decided to sell my lovely Precision. It is an American Elite with hardly any wear. A few small scratches on the pickguard. Active and passive bass that sounds incredibly full. I absolutely love the feel of this neck and it makes me feel so smooth, like I could play all day. I fully intend to buy a bass exactly like this when I save up enough money in the future. The only reason I am selling is to pay for a six string Wal that I had built and is to be completed in two weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to ask?

tat2clod and TrentB like this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nice. But I'm curious: American Fender Precision Elite is different than American Fender Precision Deluxe (most recent version from a couple years ago) how?

3. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    It is essentially the same with all the additional bells and whistles.... new neck joint plate/ passive and active switch.... new comfortable c to d shape neck. I actually have it in my lap at the moment and I am having second thoughts. Starting to think I can sell some other things besides my bass. Anyhow, thanks for the question.
    Cheer

4. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    It's beautiful.

5. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    Thank you good Sir. I honestly don't think I should sell it as I am sitting here playing her... The passive and active option with the P/J pickup configuration gives this bass such a wide palette of tones... very resourceful. Awesome Avatar by the way!

Gorn likes this.
  6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Would love this but definitely am not in a position to buy it :(

7. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    PRICE DROP! NOW $1250

8. ColForbs

ColForbs

Jul 21, 2001
    Beautiful bass. I am looking for a precision deluxe but this looks like a deluxe on steroids!

What year is it?

9. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois
    2016... sorry I forgot to add that.

10. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

A question about the neck profile if you please?

Does it tend towards the beefier end of the C - D? I like a big 'ole neck personally.

Thank you for your indulgence.

11. BWorm

BWorm Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Illinois

Yep...nailed it. It's not a thin neck at all.... Feels very solid, perfect.

Funky Ghost likes this.