1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sunburst Yellow Photos Please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by number six, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hi,

I'm looking to refin a J bass which has an ebony board and tort p/g on a plain alder body (not the fancy top in the avatar which I love the look of).

I don't like red much in a 'burst and want lots of yellow. Definitely don't like the brown kind of 'burst. Can anyone post pics of something with a large dose of yellow in please so's I can show people what I want?

Kevin McCormick with Jackson Browne at Glastonbury 2010 used a vintage and worn Fender which looks something like what I'm after.

Black around the edges and maybe a little red in between the black and a heap of yellow. Thanks!

PS yes, I know it's cosmetic, just humor me. :help:

2. You mean like this, or is it too much red?

1024351_m.

3. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    quick and crude, but how bout this
    1024351_m.

4. wow! that's just what I need - a contrast between a bit of red and none. I think it does need the red or else it looks a bit stark.

I'll use that first pic if that's ok and show the local guitar techs what I want. Perfect! Cheers #6

5. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    if you don't want any red, I'd suggest at least fading the black further onto the body.

6. my sandberg is tobacco burst, pretty much a 2 tone burst of browns, but given age it should yellow slightly

DSC00269.

i just watched a youtube clip of said gig and yeah thats one sweet looking vintage colour.

7. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    IMG_2088.
    IMG_2076.
    IMG_2082.
    Something like this?

8. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    You can get a pretty good idea of what finishes look like here:
    Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Guitar Finish

My guess is that you're thinking something like, [drop down menu to burst], top right "black yellow" or 2nd form left "black, brown yellow"

if you don't want red... don't do red :cool:

9. Those 2 basses with lots of yellow capture what I'm after.
    The first pic is closest to what's in my head so thanks so much guys!

10. But a few more pics would be nice . . .