Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Suncoast Video, customer service.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ifrit84, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    Don't they know by now a little goes a long way?

I was in a Local Suncoast Video, which also, as most of you might know, carries figures, from various movies and such.

Well, I was in there the other day, and saw a Capcom Cammy figure on sale, it was the last one left, and I asked if they had anymore. Here is what it sounded like.

Me: Got any more of these back there?
    SC: No.
    Me: Well, can you like, order one maybe?
    SC: No. Can't order them.

Ok, thats a little odd, since Suncoast makes a ton of money selling these things, and some Figure makers make custom sets, only for Suncoast. And in most places, Suncoast is the only place to find these figures.

So I go to the net in search, I'll pay full price, I just wanted to find them. I go to Suncoasts website anddddd.....

Nothing. Nada. Ziltch.

I thought I must have missed something, so I emailed them. I asked, "Why, when christmas is right around the corner, do you guys not sell the figures made for you, and the others online? Is there a different Website I missed that carries your stuff?"

I get this back in reply.

"Dear ,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your order
    recently placed with Suncoast.com.

At this time, we do not sell accessory items, toys, posters, T-shirts
    etc. on our online store. Only prerecorded music and movies are
    available for sale. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Sincerely,
    Robert Marowits
    Suncoast.com
    Customer Service"

Wow. Sounds like "Robert Marowits" was rasied by automatic replys, because this sure sounds like one. I like how I didn't even order anything, and they thanked me anyway, I also like how I was called "Dear....." nothing. Genius.

Hell, I could have lived with a "Sorry, gotta get them from a store" from a human, but please, this is just insulting. I've emialed much larger companys, with much more FAQ, and have gotton a HUMAN reply. This is just stupid.

Why would a company not want to make money? I know people that go to Suncoast ONLY to look at the figures!

I'm still in shock.

2. I can't believe this is Suncoast. I've bought most of my anime there, as they normally have anything you could possibly want. This is almost making me consider whether or not I'll even go to Suncoast ever again. Like you said, the least they could do was give you a reply from a real person, not an automated response system.:scowl:

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I stay away from Suncoast since it is normally filled with these overweight geeky looking guys fawning over miniature Lord of the Rings, Pokemon or Harry Potter rubber action figures. Every once in awhile, I will see/hear a grandma type person whining about how she can't find a copy of "My Fair Lady".

-Mike

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Once I was in Suncoast looking at the Kung Fu movies. The rack was facing away from the register so I was on the opposite side from them and I was squatting down because they were low. I was looking at them for a while and it soon became clear from their whispering and then the guy who started watching me from about 5 feet away that they thought I was trying to shoplift something. Whatever...

Anyway, Ifrit84, yes they should have a more personalized CS setup but they can make any decision they want about where and when they want to sell things. That's not a customer service issue that's a business decision. Maybe they've tried selling those things on their website and it wasn't profitable or maybe they didn't want to compete with their brick and mortar stores. Who knows.

brad cook

5. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Or, maybe they're just putzes...seen that happen too...