Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sunday Drive To Cypress...New Hanewinckel!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, Nov 23, 2003.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Just got back from Pete's shop and am now the proud owner of this new fretted, Draken Pro 6. Alder body, quilted maple top, control cover and headstock caps, wenge board and bubinga/wenge/maple neck. I like its looks!

Way too early to tell about tone but the bass seems to have a lot...of everything! Bottom, mids, top-end, you name it. Gonna really enjoy breaking this one in.

Also got it with the Protec Pro-Pac lightweight case, a new Hanewinckel option.

Full write-up once I gig it. Probably not until mid-December, however. Too many stacked up on the runway right now! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I officially hate you!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Once again you've bought a bass that i've been dying to try! It looks awesome man, i especially like the wood combo in the neck. Draken body styles rock:bassist:

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Don't be hatin'! :D

I've got a feeling this one may turn out to be a killer bass. Pete's basses are definitely my favorites. And I'd been talking to him about a fretted sixer for a couple of months. This was one of three we discussed. One of the others will be his NAMM Signature sixer which I agreed (reluctantly) to not buy right now. It has piezos and is just really awesome. But this one is pretty bitchin' too, if I do say so myself. :cool:

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    so, Boogie.. when you gonna open a bass shop? ;)
    you're a wild man, you remind me of a young me before i found F bass!! but seriously , I have heard nothing but great things about Pete's basses...

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yup. Well, as you know, bro: it's all a matter of personal taste once you reach the upper levels! What F basses are for you, Petebasses are for me. ;)

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Here's a few more pics that more accurately reflect what the bass looks like in person. Pete took these yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Congrats Boogie, I've known Pete since the 3rd
    grade, and have one of his earliest creations,
    a fretless 4. He really puts his heart and soul
    into his work; he's come a long way, as your
    bass shows. It's a work of art. I haven't spoken
    to him for a while, it looks like he's doing great! I'll try to catch him at the Bart booth
    at NAMM to drool over some of his stuff. You've
    really got a beauty there, enjoy!

Cheers,
    Slug

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I should have visited a few days later apparently. When are you getting your "signature" bass? ;)

9. As Keanu Reeves once said:
    "WOAH!!" :D

Nice one...

10. that quilt is insane! the body shape is reminiscent of a roscoe (or is roscoe reminiscent f hanewinckel?). what's the string spacing?

robb.

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanks, Slug. Pete's a great guy who does great work. I'm very pleased with his basses but I really value his friendship above all.

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, you just missed this one, bro! ;) The Signature 7 is probably coming around February. Pete has to work out some issues with Bartolini as I'm getting the J pickups and there's been some new developments. I'm also getting a poly finish which takes about a month due to workload.

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Thanx, bassplayer7770, Josh Walsh, MKS and 7Stringer! :cool:

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    It's Pete's "regular" spacing, which is my preference: 5/16" at the nut and 11/16" at the bridge.

15. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Yow! nice lookin' bass. Same neck woods (slightly different pattern) as my fretted (though mine's neck-through).

Tell me more about the NAMM Signature 6. . . :D

16. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    One of those "I'm keeping this for myself" creations. Draken Signature 6 with pieozo bridge. Don't recall the woods right now but they're a tasty combination. Sounds nothing short of amazing. I want it! But it probably won't be mine as I have a Signature 7 coming in February and I just got this one...:eek:

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Tasty. That's my favorite Hanewinckel body design.

18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ditto. It's so full of quilty maple goodness! :)