Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SUNglasses on forehead...when did this stupid trend start???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Nanny, Apr 11, 2005.

1. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Sunglasses worn on the forehead, above the eyebrows. Was I asleep when this stupid, pretentious trend started? Are guys afraid of mussing their metro-haircuts? When you wear them inside, on your forehead (presumably so that the rest of we unfortunates get to see the Ray Ban brand name), you look like a Hollywood-wanna-be arse wipe. Shove those things to the top of the head...or better yet, put them in your damn pocket!

OK, I feel better now.

The Nanny

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    what if you have no pockets? Or no hair to hold them to the top of your head? What if your bald and naked, what then smart guy? :p

3. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    its more of a comfort thing its not really a trend and its definately not pretentious people have always done it. For example I only use my glases for long distance and sometimes when im frequently using them I will just push them up on my fourhead because I dont like wearing them for close vision etc.

4. ditto. Unless you're a drunk boorish 45 y.o. dink pedophile in a Bob Seger T at a full-on metal concert who is about to spill beer on me as he checks out the pre-teens going by in the isles... then it's a stupid trend. ;)

5. Then finish pushing them all the way up. It doesn't seem practical to have them on your forehead, as gravity will pull them down, across your face. On top of your head, gravity holds them in place.

I've never seen this fashion trend. I'm all about the practicality.

6. When not actually wearing my bitchin' aviators, I usually keep them in their case. If I'm only taking them off for a few minutes, I fold them up and hang them from the neck of my shirt. This is a much better place than my forehead.

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This trend started on October 14, 2002.

8. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    The correct answer is mirrored, dark tinted contacts... :eek:

9. I've also seen people wear their sunglasses around their neck, as if they were a necklace...

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've been wishing for those since Nueromancer came out.

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i hate this as well, along with the "gotti boy" hardcut.

i see so many rich preppy dicks walking around with this hair cut. do you really think it makes you gangsta? do you really feel like a chump when i walk past you and you flinch. god.

i hate mtv. i swear. as much as i watch it for comic value, the trends the younger generations are getting into are just retarded. dudes wearing girls pants, having girlie haircuts, eye liner, spending more time int he shower then their girlfriend type of dudes. i dont get it. it's like, when it was an underground thing, it was mocked, but they were still out siders none the less. now, its just a bunch of 15-20 something year olds who steal their sisters jeans because they "fit better" then mens jeans.

when i have kids, no mtv

12. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Uh oh... sounds like sombodies got a case of the mondays eh heh

I really wish I had the picture to go with it :(