1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sunn 100S vs. Traynor YBA-1 Bassmaster

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doobeye, Mar 13, 2010.

1. doobeye

doobeye

Jun 3, 2008
    Moorpark, CA
    Hey guys I've been in the market for a new head that i can use for both bass and guitar. I've broken my options down to these two heads which i'm sure both will make any player happy but i just wanted to get some extra opinions on this. They're both roughly 50 watt heads and are around the same price. I play punk/doom/drone and just want something that is versatile and will last me a long time. I also like playing clean tone stuff like Earth's "the bees made honey in the lions skull" album so i want an amp that will give me tons of clean tone growl. any help is much appreciated!

2. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    The 100s is a guitar amp and would be great for guitar, but not enough power for a clean basic bass sound.

Try and find a 200s, which is a bass amp. A lot of tube guitar players swear by these amps too!

3. doobeye

doobeye

Jun 3, 2008
    Moorpark, CA
    Ok cool, yeah i read somewhere that a good number of people also use the 100s for bass and say it plays louder than what you'd expect from a 50 watt head but what you're saying makes more sense to me. Has anyone played both Sunn and Traynor amps? I have a Sunn concert bass head that i like a lot but its solid state so i can't really compare it with anything.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020