1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sunn 1200s Hybrid Bass Amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by eg320, Jul 24, 2012.

1. eg320

eg320

Dec 9, 2009
    Goodyear, AZ
    Used Sunn 1200s hybrid bass amp for sale. It's probably one of the loudest heads I've owned.....now seeking a new home. Been in a rack most of its life, excellent condition.

$ 450 + shipping

Specs and info below

Sunn 1200S Bass Amplifier for sale in great condition, extremely versatile and professional amp solid state /tube hybrid, with an incredible 1200 watts of power in a two-space rack mountable head. Two-channel, master volume operation and the ability to mix in real tube distortion when desired
    Cosmetically it has surface scratches on the top and bottom from being put it in and taken out of rack, but front and rear panels are in good shape. It uses two 12AX7's tubes in the preamp, can handle passive and active basses, footswitchable overdrive/channels, 10 band foot switchable graphic EQ, hi and low frequency foot switchable compressor, effects loop, 1200 watts of eye jiggling power at 2 ohms. With all these features you can dial in any tone you desire and it can handle whatever you throw at it. There is no foots witch included with this item…..sorry never got one when I bought it
    This amps headroom is amazing. This amp pumps out 1200 watts at 2 ohms, and even though there are no numbers for output power for 4 and 8 ohms I believe it's safe to say that it does roughly 700 to 800 watts at 4 ohms and 500 to 600 at 8 ohms. Again, I stress that the manufacturer has no numbers published for power output at 4 and 8 ohms so my estimations are strictly that, estimations.
    Here's a link for more detailed information from Sunn, http://www.sunnamps.com/pdfs/manuals/bass/Sunn_1200s.pdf.

Specifications
    Part Number: 021-3300-000
    Type: Solid State/Tube Hybrid
    Output: 1200 watts
    Channels: 2 Channels
    Features: 2 Channel Tube Preamp
    Split Band Compression
    High/Low Compression Level Controls
    Compressor EG Balance
    Selectable 10 Band Graphic EQ
    EQ In/Out Switch
    Balanced XLR Line Output
    1/4" Phone Line Output
    Tuner Output
    System Mute (Tuner Only) Switch
    Master Volume
    Input Pad For Active or Passive Instruments
    High and Low Enhancement
    Mid Notch Filter
    Effects Loop
    Gain
    Mix Control
    2 Speaker Output Jacks
    Switchable Impedence
    Mixable Gain
    Controls: -6dB Input Pad
    Channel 1 Volume
    Channel 2 Gain
    Channel 2 Volume
    Channel Select Switch
    Channel 1/2 Mix
    Low
    High
    10 Band Graphic EQ
    Low Enhance
    High Enhance
    Mid Notch
    Graphic EQ On/Off Switch
    Line Out - Post/Pre EQ Switch
    Low Comp
    High Comp
    Comp EQ Balance
    Comp Gain Trim
    Master Volume
    Tube Complement: 2 X 12AX7WA Preamp Tubes
    Covering: Black Rackmount Panel
    Dimensions: Height: 3.5"
    Width: 19"
    Depth: 16"
    Unit Weight: 32 Lbs.
    Shipping Weight: 36 Lbs.
    Accessories: 3 Button Footswitch, pn#005-3895-000
    INTRODUCED: 6/1998

Attached Files:

2. eg320

eg320

Dec 9, 2009
    Goodyear, AZ
    Sunn 1200s is SOLD......and headed towards MSP. Thanks for all interested!!