1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sunn 1200S through a Ampeg SVT 610?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkrockmike, May 12, 2011.

1. Im thinking about picking up a Sunn 1200S, but the only cab i have is my Ampeg 610, and i cant seem to find any information on how much power the 1200s puts out at 4 ohms. Will my 610 be able to handle the 1200s?

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    It puts out about 750-800.. itll be fine. just listen to it if you play at high volumes to make sure youre not stressing speakers... and you will know if you are..

but.. I think you will hate that sunn 1200 and you should just sell it to me. ;)

3. Mike you should be fine.

I have a similar question. How about a Mesa V-12 in an 8ohm aggie 4x10cab?(840 into a 600)

4. Shinyflavors7, you will be fine with the Mesa/Aggie combination. Its gonna sound HYPE!

5. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    While we're asking and sorta OT here. I found a 1976 Sunn 215 cab locally, quite inexpensive, guy says was only kept in his studio. I'm waiting for a reply on what model and the specs it is before I go check it out.

Y'all think it would play nice with a Streamliner 900 or will it just blow it up? :eek: :p :smug:

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    So long as there are no impedance issues any amp can be used with any cab. If it distorts you're pushing it too hard. Turn it down. That's why amps have volume controls.

7. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    Which 1200S? The Sunn tube amp or the Fender transistor amp?

8. the transistor amp.

9. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    +1.

I use a 1000W SVT-7Pro with the 610HLF and it sounds great. Just be careful not to drive it too hard.