Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sunn 200s cabinet quest(ion) and more sunn quests!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basstark, Jul 25, 2004.

1. basstark

basstark

Jun 6, 2004
    hey whoever reads this beautiful thread! im still new to talk bass but im liking the minutes as they pass here. i've searched threads for answers but i couldnt find the answers i am looking for. my question- (rich b. and all) -i (hopefully)soon will own a sunn 200s head (kt88 version). ive read marvelous things about the folded horn (jbl d140's) rear loaded 2 15 cab that accompanys them. the problem is that the cabs, when ive seen on ebay, have sold for over six hundred dollars. i dont have alot of money but i may end up buying the cab for that money via ebay anyway, but i wanted to know if there are comparable cabinets that i can get for less money. ive also considered posting want ads on different forums which may get me the cab for less because of the personal nature of the non business man repoire. suggestions??? another sunn question----i understand that a) 200s changed tube configurations in 69---how did the tone change? possible volume change? b)sunn changed ownership in 71--how did the quality of manufacture change? were the same people making the amps with the same parts? thanks yall keep up the bass and pump up the jams! yeah! :hyper: :bag: --ive seen that you never know who is gonna show up when you are talking to a bass player ---