1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sunn 2x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hammer2748, Dec 29, 2005.

1. hammer2748

hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Hi and good morning all -- Anyone have experience with newer generation Sunn (Fender?) 2x15? I have a line on one I think I might like as a kicker with my GK 115RBH via my 1001RB-II, just for larger venues. It is an 8-ohm cab rated at 300w rms. The asking price is $299 but think I can get it for $225-$250 range. Thoughts, opinions, experiences appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Hammer

2. I used to own one, along with (2) Sunn 410h cabs. This was a monster stack! The 2x15 sounds good, has decent low end, and nice cutting mids. Also, for a 2x15, it's somewhat portable (87lbs).

I paired it with an Ampeg SVP-Pro and a Carvin DCM2000 power amp. In the end, the rig wasn't doing it for me, and I traded the 2x15 and (1) 410 for a Peavey stack. Ultimately, it was the Ampeg preamp that wasn't cutting it, not the Sunn cabs.

In case you haven't seen it, here's a link to Fender Australia, which shows the Sunn Amps and cabs.

Sunn Au

Overall, I think it's a great cab. I say go for it!

3. hammer2748

hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    I did....$235.00 and I gigged with the whole rig last night....WOW! The blend of warmth and mids it delivered combined with the 115RBH was absolutely fantastic without a lot of time to really dial it in.

Cheers & Happy New Year
    Hammer

4. Congrats! That's a sweet deal for that cab. That should be a great combination with the GK 1001 RB.

Happy New Year.