Sunn 300T & Cooling!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkster, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi all I'm the proud new Papa of a Sunn 300T,
    The thing is the cats A$$, What a freaking amp, Totaly worth the dough, I been working out so I can lift it pretty easily. ;)
    The thing I noticed is that it generates a LOT of heat,,, After looking around inside with a flashlight and listening I couldn't see or hear a fan? Does it need one or is it fine without it?
    I think I could feel a vibration but I couldn't see or hear it.
    I know there is a few Sunn owners here so holler at me with your thoughts..
  2. Henry!

According to the specs for that head on the Fender site there is no fan in that bad boy.

I dunno......

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Very Nice.... care to review it against your SVT and Peavey tube monsters? I love the tone of my Sunn Sceptre but at one pair of 6550 it's not enough... I'm going to check out the new Traynor (two pair 6550) as soon as the local dealer gets more in.

But I still watch eBay for bigger Sunn heads.
  4. Henry's Peavey Classic 400 now resides in Sturbridge....heh heh heh.....
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    congrats! I almost snagged one myself.
  6. It's great as long as you don't try to move it!
  7. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Let it get warm! Tubes are happier that way. :D I doubt that you would have any problems...

Is that a 610 HLF? How does it sound through that cab?
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA

Sure, Monday I will try and get a review together, I will say this is it comes pretty dam close to my SVT but with a few more bells and whistles.. The thing ROCK's the casbar..
    I Was going to unload the 610HLF cab but it's like it was made for that head, I stood directly in front of it with the vol on 5 and it almost caved in my chest with a low E,,lol, That cab needs some wattage pumped through it to bring out it's nastyness,, I like the set-up,, I hope my back does.. :D
    Yes I traded the PV classic to Jeff for his black St Blues Bluesking. I'm glad it's still in the family because that is a kick A$$ amp in itself, Actually it is alomost the same exact set-up as the Sunn. Two channels Clean & Dirty, Compression and tons-o-nuts, Toooobes!! There is no substitute.
    Thank's guy's, Maybe live I'll tie-wrap a muffin fan on the back just for precaution.