1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sunn 300T for sale or trade for your five string. Will ship!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by thedude77md, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now FS only. Jumped on a bass over the weekend

This Sunn 300T is in great condition, works as new, and has recently been completely gone over by a tech in Baltimore. It sounds incredible, but I am playing in too many different settings a few times a week and hauling it around is getting to be a pain.

I bought the amp a few months ago. Unfortunately it had issues from the moment I plugged it in at home and I have since spent a good chunk of change having my tech completely check everything over.

The tech went through all connections, re-soldered many, replaced the power switch, biased it, check all tube voltages, etc. It's got a pristine bill of health. It works as new. It looks it too apart from some very light scratches in a couple spots.

The amp had a brand new set of Ruby KT88's in it when I bought it. I was going to ditch them, but my tech went through them all, de-soldered the pins to remove the cheap, half efforted Chinese solder job, and reassembled them using proper solder. He tested them all for problems as well and they ran perfectly. It sounds great so I kept the Rubies in.

The head does include the footswitch and a road case. The case is rat fur and is designed to be a "live-in" type case. My tech did not recommend using it in the case though as it insulates the head and makes it even hotter (and these puppies don't have fans). Regardless, it's a very solid road case for transporting.

$1000 plus shipping if applicable I can meet you as far south as northern Virginia and as far north as parts of PA and most of NJ to deliver. I can ship as well- I'd estimate $75-100 anywhere in the continental US.

Sorry, no longer for trade as I jumped on a bass yesterday (unless you are the guy I spoke with about a MicroKorg as a partial trade)

front.jpg

frontpedal.jpg

controlsright.jpg

controlsleft.jpg

back.jpg

casefront.jpg

caseontopofhead.jpg

2. badsneakers

badsneakers Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    always wanted one of these.. wish I had a trade or enough money

3. Thanks! It is monstrous sounding and if I didn't have to haul it around so much I would be keeping it. Schlepping around a Markbass combo is a lot more than sufficient for what I am doing these days. Wish I could afford to keep both as I will undoubtedly wish I still had this at some point in the future.

4. badsneakers

badsneakers Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    I have a Peavey Classic 400 so I know all about weight! ha!

Good luck with the sale! Wish it was going to me.:bawl:

5. tfernandez

tfernandez

Jul 5, 2010
    I'm still interested in purchasing, but my checks are taking forever to come in the mail.

6. If this thread is still open, it's still here, so if your checks come in and it's still up, Let me know.

7. ttt- still FS, no longer FT

8. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Awesome amp and I wouldn't recommend playing it in the road case either. Mine gets pretty warm all by itself.

You're going to regret it as soon as you sell it though :)

9. On hold pending payment

10. Sold heading to sunny Florida!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.