Sunn Amps & Cabinetts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maxoges, Oct 28, 2000.

1. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What do you think about sunn products? I heard a good stage sound guy bash both heads and cabinetts from that brand.
  2. Try one out for yourself. The 300T has some nice features and moves alot of air with the 2X15 cab. I'm partial to old Sunn 2000s amps myself, but IMO the new ones rock!
  3. Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Ive tried both heads and cabs.I liked both heads but prefer the 300T.The 410 sounds good for the money but there are better 4x10s around.I didnt care for the 2x15 at all.Good luck!
  4. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    The 1200 S head is loud, reliable, a good value, and feature packed for the price. I also use a 31 band mono eq to help with the tone shaping as the head, like almost every bass head I've ever tried out, never seems to have an eq cut exactly where I like it, but that's my misery to live with.

In the two years now I've owned this head, all I've done is replace the preamp tubes once. I've had absolutely no other problems and it's never let me down in any acoustic situation, from the most echoing, challenged gig, to the most pleasant outdoor one.

I tried out the 300 T for a couple of gigs and other than it creating a hernia in most mortal men, it was also very pleasant.