Sunn Beta Bass Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Jun 20, 2002.

1. I have an old Sunn Beta Bass 100w head. It is dual channel, and I have some questions about the ports on the rear of the head.

It has the usual speaker out 1/4" jacks (no question there :)

Each channel (A & B) have ports that read "preamp line out" and "master line in". Seems like that makes sense.

Then there is a "Master Accessory" section. Two ports which read "master line out" and "poweramp line in"

SO..... what is my question? If I wanted to run this head into a poweramp, which port should I use? I realize I could use the preamp out from either channel, but was wondering if the "master line out" from the "master accessory" section is the combined preamps of both channels.

BTW, on the front, there are inputs for either channel A or B, and one that read "both inputs." Each channel has its own control for: drive, bass, mid, treble, level. There is only one Master Volume knob.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The Beta has three effects loops. There is one for each channel and then one after the channels are mixed.

To run into a power amp, use "master line out". If you use one of the other outs, you will only get one channel and bypass the master volume.

Still have the footswitch for channel switching? If you do, you can plug into "both inputs" and switch between channels or combine them. Without the switch, I think the two channels are always combined when using that jack.
  3. Thanks for the help! Unfortunately I dont have the footswitch.

4. joshua*

Feb 17, 2006
    re: footswitch

any standard two-button "marshall" footswitch will work!

that's what i use with mine.

$19.00 at my local store, Music Xchange.