1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sunn Coliseum 300h Overdrive

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Maltross, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Maltross

Maltross

Oct 9, 2010
    I have a Sunn Coliseum head I use for my stoner metal band. I use a Boss bass overdrive pedal to get the tone I want. I love the way it sounds and I've had no problems with it before, but the annoying red overdrive light is almost always on while I play. Am I pushing the amp too hard? but it isn't even the pedal that triggers it. It also happens when I play without any gain. I am running it through a 400w 8ohm cab, so it's not like I'm even close to getting full power. Should I worry about the light or just keep jamming?

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Do you HEAR it distorting?

If you do not, then nope, don't worry about it.

3. jimmyjames77

jimmyjames77 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Just West of Chicago
    I'm no tech but having a peak light on all the time may be a sign of something wrong internally. The light is designed to go on when something is wrong so maybe it's a bad thing.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    No, its not.

A Peak light comes on when there is distortion, or in the Sunn Coliseum 300, it comes on when the input signal is clipping the preamp. Even if it is not on "much".