Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whyusofunky, Feb 6, 2006.

1. All right, thanks to everyone who has been helping me with some amp decisions. Here is what I've narrowed it down to. SUNN COLISEUM 880 AMP HEAD orASHDOW MAG300 or stick with what has worked for me in the past, my old AMPEG SVT 350 (solid state). I've listened to all of them, each sounding very different, but hell I love them all. If I chose the SUNN, it's going to put me in the hole a bit. Is this a hole that I should go into? I really have a love for that classic sound 76 AMPEG SVT ALL TUBE is what I would really like to own, but I can't afford it yet. Thank you to everyone, I'm just one of those people that like to research the hell out of things.
  2. Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    If you like the 76 SVT then you should keep the Ampeg or get another one and emulate it's tone.
  3. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    I've never played an Ashdown (yet) but if you check my gear you know which amps I lean towards

I've played through that Ampeg head you have at a gig and I couldn't get anything out of it until I sent it into clipping. Luckily it wasn't my amp but all my Sunns pretty much trounce anything out there that I have come across
  4. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

i vote sunn. if you tire of it sell to me for fun and profit.
  5. Anyone have any thoughts on this issue? Love all advise from Talkbassers!