1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SUNN Concert Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PsionAxis, Aug 31, 2008.

1. PsionAxis

PsionAxis

Dec 22, 2005
    Atlanta
    Hey guys, Ive been looking into picking up a Sunn Head lately, but I have very limited experience with the amps and would like a second opinion before I go out looking for deals.

Ive heard the Sunn concert bass head is a great head, please leave your two cents about your experience with it or any other sunn bass heads that you feel might be better, or any advice about buying sunn products in general.

Thanks for your help,

--Kyle

2. I have a 1976 concert bass. 200 watts @ 4ohms. Has a pre amp output and a power amp input. I'm running it through an older Eden 4x10, and an old Bag End 1x18 PA cab. I love the sound I get out of this rig and I prefer the sound of Sunn over any modern amp I've heard. If you're into more "lo-fi" sounds then Sunn is a great way to go.

Just for good measure, here's a picture... :)

l_70b912db440256aee39c1351922fba95.

There is an older version of the Concert head that is 150 watts that I have no experience with, but it has built in distortion and looks different on the face of the head.

Almost any solid state Sunn head can be found for fairly cheap. 200-250 is a good price IMO for any Concert Bass head, as long as it's in good working condition.

Without knowing what sort of music you'll be playing with it and what cab(s) you'd be running it through, I don't really know what other advice to give you.