SUNN Help me with the model

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sykes of christ, Mar 22, 2011.

1. sykes of christ

sykes of christ

Mar 15, 2010
    Bass Amp

This was posted in the Madison craigslist for $75 yesterday. I called inquiring and never heard back. Today I notice it is in the Dubuque, IA CL for $300.

I'm not sure what the model is, it looks like it is a beta bass 1x15 combo. The seller is saying it is a 1x12 combo. I couldn't find any info on it.

So I ask your expertise.

What model is it?

2. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Pretty sure they made a beta bass with 1x12.

Or its had its baffle replaced.

3. sykes of christ

sykes of christ

Mar 15, 2010
    I doubt it was replaced. Regardless, the guy isn't replying to me.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    $300 is IMHO, too much for an old solid state sunn with a 1x15 or 1x12 anyways.

5. I played one of those once- it was the definition of mud/rumble/indistinct/boom. Be glad dude isn't replying.

6. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Sunn didn't make a 12" Beta Bass combo -- that is a Beta Bass 1x15. I owned one and worked in a store that sold Sunn ca. 1980. The enclosure was big, esp compared with today's combos, so there's a "margin" of a few inches around the driver, creating the illusion that it's smaller than 15". See also the Acoustic 126, a direct competitor of the day, which demonstrates the same phenomenon, only more pronounced. It looks like there's a 10" in there.

That's a $200-$225 amp tops if he's still got the footswitch. "Not too heavy either" is not too accurate.

7. Gizmot

Gizmot

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    Those old Sunn tube amps (100S, 200B, 1000 and 2000) were absolutely awesome amps. There were very few solid state anything made over 30 years ago that were any good.

8. sykes of christ

sykes of christ

Mar 15, 2010
    I'm not buying it. Like I said in my original post. He was selling it yesterday for $75.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021