Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sunn Power Amp, Boss ODB3, Pedal Board, etc

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KPJ, Jul 8, 2005.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    UPDATE AUGUST 1:
    Bunch of stuff sold! Still a few things left!

Sunn Coliseum Slave - early '70s model, black and gray color scheme. Minimum 2 ohm impedance. Literature of the time claimed 800 peak watts @ 2 ohm, 320 watt average. It is loud and very transparent. It is good shape for it's age, minor wear and tear. SOLD

Boss ODB3 Overdrive pedal. Good all-around for signal boost or crazy distortion. SOLD

Pedal board with bag and power supply. I'm not sure of the manufacturer, but it is similar to the lower priced SKB. It is a wood board covered in black carpet and has a built in power supply that will power up to six pedals. Comes with a cordura-style carrying bag and all of the adaptor cables. SOLD shipped.

Gator 3-space rack bag. Shallow effect style, practically brand new. Screws and isolators included. SOLD

BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer. 2 channel rackmount. $50 shipped.

Rapco ABY pedal. Rugged steel box, has one in and two switchable outs with their own footswitches and an auxilary out you can use for a tuner. You can have either one output on, both or neither. $15 shipped.

Sans Amp GT2. Good analog amp modeler, can get a decent SVT type sound out of it or use it for overdrive/distortion. Good for bass or guitar. SOLD

Johnson Chorus pedal. Similar to Boss Chorus Ensemble. Has high and low chorus controls so you can chorus either or both the high and low frequencies. Good for guitar or bass. $25 shipped.

Johnson Flanger pedal. Similar to Boss BF2. Classic flanger sounds. $25 shipped.

Johnson Tuner Pedal. Similar to Boss TU-2. Two outputs, one of which is muted when tuning. SOLD

Please PM me with any interest.

2. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Man i am a sucker for Sunn gear but I am more than happy with my all Sunn gear at the moment. If the slave sticks around for awhile I would pick it up to use as a power amp for my Sorado but definately don't hold it for me as it won't get the play time it deserves.

3. paypal? im interested in the sunn.

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Yes I do take PayPal. Forgot to mention that.

5. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Free bump send that Sunn to a good home!

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I might want that tuner. Got a pic?

7. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I apologize for the poor quality of the images that I am about to post, but it wasn't the best camera nor the best lighting, but here are some pictures:

Sunn Coliseum Slave w/ 482i Sonic Maximizer:
    [​IMG]

Johnson Chromatic Tuner:
    [​IMG]

8. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    All PM's replied to!

9. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Tuner on hold.

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

11. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Tuner sold.

Will get pic of the chorus shortly.

12. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    How many watts would you guess the slave would be putting out at 8Ohm?

13. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    My guess would be around 250 or so. A loud 250! I haven't been able to find any good documentation on the power of the Slave. As I stated in the first post, I found an ad on the Sunn Shack that claims about 800 watts peak into 2 ohms! I'm not sure what that would be in actual average out put. I do know that it is very loud and does not distort. I played a SABDDI and a Hartke Bass Attack pedal through it and it sounded great!

14. Could you hold the ODB-3 for me. PM Sent.

15. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    got any preamps for sale that will fit a jazz and the pedal board you said that some pedals are included with it.(what pedals are icnluded) and i live in canada and when you say 40 shipped deos that mean 40 plus shipping or 40(including shipping and the money for the stuff)?????

edit misread again...how much for sans amp again?

16. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    ODB-3 is on hold.

PM's replied to.

17. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Bunch of stuff sold! Still a few things left!

:hyper:

18. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    GT2 SOLD.