Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SUNNers Please help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Feb 2, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm totally G.A.S.ing after the SUNN 300T ans 4x10 cab. here in italy no one carries them and their price is HIGH. i actually use a SWR sm 400s but i'd like to try a SUNN because the specs seem to be really nice to me. I want a sound that i ROCK AND ROLL, rumbling, heartshaking. can you Sunn users please tell me more about this kind of amps, they are rarely seen here on Talkbass too. I want and need your feedback! how much are they in the USA?

thanks a lot

2. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    :D:D

It's nice to see people GAS'n after great equipment. Sunn is rarely mentioned here on TB for a reason I have yet to understand. I have a Sunn 300T and 2x15 cab. I can't speak for the 4x10 as I have never played it nor heard much about it. The 300T has been an excellent head for me so far. I have had zero problems with it. If you like really being able to change your tone with EQ, the Sunn will do it. It has either a 10 or 12 band EQ (I don't count the sliders too often:p), a compressor, and 2 blendable channels if you like distortion. I play in a gym that seats ~1000 people with my master gain on about 5, so I can't really imagine you needing (or getting) much more power out of an amp.

EDIT: I got my 300T and 2x15 for $1500, but I was screwed badly, and the store was going out of business.

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    At musiciansfriend.com the Sunn 300T runs for $1120 and the 4x10 runs for $440.

4. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    Can't speak for the 300t but I have a 1200s that I really like. It is very adjustable and never has given me any trouble. I got it for $820 US. I like my metro a little better though.

S

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    guys, tell me a good reason for not ordering one, let's speak about bad things about SUNN! i'm interested in the 1200s too!
    thanks

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    and tell me this: if i connect the 300t with the 410 cab, can i connect another cab? i mean can i use the 300t with 2 4x10 or with a 4x10 and a 1x15?
    thanks again

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    my god!!

[​IMG]

8. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    Well my 1200s is VERY LOUD. It also has an unending # of adjustments wich sometimes makes it hard to get good tone. However once you have it set the way you like it sounds awesome. If you get the 1200s make sure you write down your settings so you don't have to go through that pain again.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 1200s. It is very versitile. Lighter that the 300t by about a ton and goes all the way down to 2 ohms.

Bottom line get the Sunn 1200s (or an eden :D)

S