1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super awesome experience from Sweetwater

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trundle, Feb 5, 2016.

1. I'm from Canada and I just went to purchase a back up bass (Ibanez TMB-100 Talman) from Sweetwater because I couldn't find any locally. Well, 5 minutes after I made my order, I got a call from a super nice guy named Dylan explaining how Ibanez can't usually ship to Canada due to certain reasons that I'm not really sure of. He was super kind and helpful and actually called me back another 5 minutes later saying they found a way to get it through anyway, although there may be extra charges for customs and whatnot. Well, I cancelled my order for now just because I'm afraid of death but he was super kind and friendly about it. I told him how I heard of Sweetwater through talkbass and he said there was a big client of his who frequents here (who I do not remember the name of) but man, that guy was nice and helpful. Don't buy from MF or GC. Buy from Sweetwater. You will literally have someone to contact at anytime about your order regardless of how it goes through. 10/10 experience even though I didn't get anything. Holy crap. Sorry for the really poorly written post.

Rocker949, jfh2112, DaBassman and 2 others like this.
  2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    This seems to be typical of Sweetwater.

3. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    yeah, i like sw also. plus they give you candy, which is very very nice

jfh2112, Gravedigger Dav and Trundle like this.
  4. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2006
    You canceled your order because you're afraid of death? :cautious:

Spectrum likes this.
  5. Haha by that I meant I didn't want to have an item coming in where I'm not sure what the customs and all cost. I will definitely be ordering again from there in the future.

6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I like the consistency of working with the same rep when you deal with Sweetwater, you can develope a history as they learn about your needs ... although I have not made any major purchases from them, I have no doubt that any issues would not turn into a 'run around' when you know who to contact ... every now and then I get a call from Derek just to follow up and see how things are going ... he asked for a link to the band site so he has a better idea of what we are doing, and that adds a nice personal touch too ... It sounds like they are all good to deal with there, but if anyone has not yet, and wants to be sure to get a good rep, ask for Derek Senestraro (ext. 1243) ... no need to mention me, but maybe TB, I told him about it too ...

... and yes, its a good way to sneak a few Bit O'Honey and other goodies into the house from time to time too ... ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  7. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I agree. If you're going to shop online, it's hard to beat Sweetwater!

Rocker949 likes this.
  8. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2006
    The 'Water has an excellent website and appears to stock a pretty massive selection of products. For me right now, being in Canada, I am VERY hesitant to buy anything from the States due to the horrible exchange rate...:banghead: :meh: :(

9. SkulliesBass

SkulliesBass Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Long Island N.Y.
    I've bought several basses from Sweetwater. Every purchase has been excellent. The sales people are a pleasure to deal with. If something is wrong, they'll make it right, right away. I just wish they carried Rickenbacker. (Hopefully this doesn't become a RIC bashing thread).

10. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    You just got normal everyday standard customer service from Sweetwater.

11. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.”

~Carlos Castaneda

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”

~ Hunter S. Thompson

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  12. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

The reason they cannot sell you an Ibanez is because somebody else has the rights to distribute them in Canada. The way around this is to sell you a used Ibanez.

If you are going to import with these companies ensure they use USPS and not UPS or Fedex. If they use a courier you will get stuck with a bunch of mystery charges. You would still end up paying to import a bass due to the value but it will be considerably less with USPS/Canada Post. I do not know if Sweetwater offers USPS shipping but MusciansFriend now does. I went off on them after getting screwed by their shipping policies, they sent me two individual UPS packages for my one order causing me to get hosed. Every since that incident they offered USPS shipping... I like to think it was related but it was probably coincidental.

13. Dogmatic

Dogmatic Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Athens, AL
    I've made a couple of decent sized orders from SW. Their standard service is everyone else's concierge service. I'm pretty sure I'll never spend more than a few bills anywhere else for new gear (used gear... I come here).

14. Buzz E

Buzz E Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2014
    San Francisco, CA
    Smarties and Atomic Fireballs...!!!