Super Bowl picks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DannyB, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

55 vote(s)
  2. Seattle Seahawks

36 vote(s)
  1. DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Steelers or Seahawks?

2. Steelers. I'm actually an Eagles fan, but I'll take the other PA team in this one.
  3. Im going with the Seahawks. My Broncos got beat as did my second choice the Panthers.
  4. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I live in Detroit (sure wish I was going to XL!!) and it's already buzzing about the Steelers!!
  5. RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    The Steelers are a great team, and Jerome Bettis is maybe the best at his position. But, the team that is deepest at every position usually wins. I'll pick the Seahawks.
  6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

The Stellers winning the Superbowl would be an awesome story. Plus I wannt to see them win anyways.
  7. rdnzl@comcast.n

Oct 30, 2005
    Matt Hasselbeck has turned into one cool cucumber.

I like "our" chances.
  8. TechZilla

Jun 18, 2005
    Owensboro, KY
    Finally a Superbowl where I like both teams. Sadly I've been a quitely optimistic Seahawks fan for too many years to count. I have to go with the Hawks but if they don't pull it off I'll still be happy for "The Chin" and his awesome Steelers. You can't help but respect his program in Pitt. That being said I'm looking forward to holding my head high as possibly the only Seahawk fan within a 1000 mile radius of where I live.
  9. I'm a Steelers fan first and foremost, but the Hawks are a cool team. I predict a Steelers win, but hopefully it'll be a good, close game.
  10. RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I'm with you on a good close game! Too many superbowls have been just plan boring.
  11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i won't root for an AFC teem, unless it happens to the be giants or cowboys in the big game, so..

go seahawks!
  12. Hasselbeck all the way...I used to always admire the aliteration of the old Seattlite saying, "Seahawks Suck!" But now that no longer holds true. I'm glad for us. I watched bits and pieces of the game.
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Here I am in Seattle, and this lovable group of losers have made their first Super Bowl. I'm really happy for them, and the fans who have been here since 1976. Right after the game, a local TV station interviewed a couple people who have been season ticket holders since day one. It was a great interview.

Against any other team, I'd be all over the Seahawk bandwagon. It will be hard to not get caught up in the Seahawk excitement.

14. I hope the Steelers win. I would love to see a ring on the Bus's finger. My vote goes to the Hawks though, good for Holmgren for getting to another big dance.
  15. rdnzl@comcast.n

Oct 30, 2005
    Chokin' on some crow, MJ5150?

Losers? Hah! You can't say that without looking like an idiot.

13-3 and one of those 3 was given to Green Bay when they rested the regulars. Don't seem like losers to me.......

The severe ass whooping they put on the Panthers makes them losers? Then what does it make the Panthers?

Get a grip.
  16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

he's probably talking about how the seahawks sucked historically.
  17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

lol, one of my first thoughts when i tbecame apparent that the hawks were going to the superbowls was, "man, this is going to be very interesting for mj5150." :D

anyway, i think it'll be a very close one! i'd love to see a seahawks win.
  18. rdnzl@comcast.n

Oct 30, 2005
    He's a local nay sayer who's got a hard-on against the Seahawks.

He's hammered on them in other posts, as well. But now he's got egg on his face.

Yeah, and I'm rubbing it in......... :)
  19. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Fair-weather fans are the coolest.
  20. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    This is going to be hard to watch. The Steelers are my favorite team next to my Giants, of course, but I really enjoyed watching the Seahawks play this year too. :meh: