Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Super Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris Brodowski, Dec 3, 2002.

1. I would like to see who people predict to be in the Super Bowl, who wins, and why.

My prediction:

Oakland Raiders v.s. Philadelphia Eagles.

I think the Eagles can win that, because I predict many of Oakland's veterans will wear down by the time of the game. Not Jerry Rice though, the man is amazing.

My prediction:

Raiders outgain the Birds in offensive yardage, but the turnover margin goes 3-1 to the Eagles.

Eagles 20
    Raiders 17

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    it all depends on Ahman Green.

if he's 100% i think we can win all the rest of our games. so i say: Green Bay vs. Oakland.

if not, Tampa vs. Oakland.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

exactly. theres no way we can go into tampa and beat them in the playoffs (unless someone cheapshots sapp in revenge), and while i think we have a chance going into philly, it's still a long shot.

get homefield and it's a 100% lock though.

4. Way too early to say, the way almost every NFL team has been up and down this season. Anything could happen. Being a Raiders fan, I like the predictions here, but knowing their recent history, I'll believe it when I see it.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I would say the Bucs (can't play in the cold) and Saints (stupid dome) need home field even more than the Packers. I would pick the Eagles except for their QB situation.

But hey, a Philly/Oakland rematch would be interesting.... almost as interesting as Tampa/Oakland (Chucky vs. his old team).

The Rams would've been the real sleeper if only Bulger was healthy enough to replace that slacker Warner. :p

6. The Rams suck. Period. They have the worst coach in the league; a guy who wouldn't give the most talented player in football the ball enough, and instead threw the ball ALL THE TIME.

Yeah, come to think of it, I would say that the team that gets home field in the NFC has a VERY GOOD CHANCE of winning the conference and going to the SB.

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hmmmm... crazy season in the NFL.... and I feel like the really crazy games are getting ready to go!

how about Atlanta and San Diego?

P@

8. I will win the Super Bowl.

9. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    yeah, san diego is looking nasty; LT is straight diesel, gained what? over 250 all purpose yards on sunday against the best run defense in the league. tough tough nut to crack there.

and the bucs. i think their d will carry them, they should be able to will a running game better than their showing against the saints.

i think the eagles, despite great defensive efforts the last two weeks, will falter w/out mcnabb. just a hunch, but you can't start aj freeley through the playoffs and come away w/ a w.

alternates: san fran. tough team, strong in all the right places. from the afc, oakland.

sleepers: atlanta. vick could carry a team through the post season i think, especially if their d stays stingy and they can get both duckett and dunn in the game. colts, d is coming on, marvin harrison is the league mvp.

irony of the year: colts vs. bucs. dungy inherits a real offense.

10. Tampa vs. Oakland, with Oakland pulling a win

11. Colt's vs Saint's, stranger things have happened in the NFL in recent years!

12. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I agree. Especially if the road leads through Lambeau.

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Tampa over Oakland, 14-10. Mark my words now, and bookmark this thread. So I have spoken, and so it shall be.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

....he's a genius I tell you, A GENIUS!!!!

;)

:D

15. I say it will be the Falcons v.s. the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins.

bEsT qB eVaH lEaDs HoTlAnTa To A 890-0 wIn
    He PaSsEs FoR 500 yArDs AnD rUsHeS fOr 10,000 YaRdS - hE hAs 90 ToUcHeDoWnS cAuSe I aM tHe NfL mEdIa AnD hE iS tHe GoDlIeSt PlAyA eVaH

:rolleyes:

16. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    in the year tampa played st louis in the nfc championship game, the same oakland offense(except with napolean kaufman rather than garner and james jett as the other go to guy)put up 45 points against that tampa defense. hmmm.....

17. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002

18. Green Bay vs. Tampa Bay

If Green Bay has home field advantage, it'd be impossible for them to lose. If Tampa Bay has home field advantage though, then the cheeseheads are screwed. I'm rooting for Green Bay all the way!

BUT! If Ditka was there, he'd win it for sure. ;)

19. I will alone take on the Greenbay packers, and steel a win 28-17. I will score three TD's and one field goal, and two safetys. Mostly in the second half.
    Brett will unfortuanatly for him, break his tibia when tripping over a bench with 2:29 to go in the first half.
    As you can see, I need no team. I will somehow beat them.