Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Super Custom Alembic on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by malthumb, Jul 17, 2005.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Not one of mine. Much nicer actually. If you like triple omega Alembics, you'll love this one. I don't even like triple omegas but I love lookin' at this. It's been quite the subject of discussion at the Alembic Club.

The Roman Conquerer

[​IMG]

Peace,

James

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
  3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, the price is high, but the dollar-to-knob ratio isn't as bad as the sticker shock would indicate. Therefore, a very sensible buy.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    To reference, you could afford that bass, or one of these:
    [​IMG]

I'd take the Subaru!

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Good point, Duckie! Unless, of course, you have something like this laying around the driveway.

[​IMG]

Then you could justify poppin' $11 - 15K for an equally sweet bass. ;)

Peace,

James

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Lovely. To go completely off topic, the new Z06's are too hot for words.

Back on topic, but still about cars - if that bass does only go for $11k, you could use the difference from the sticker price to get a regular WRX. :D

7. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    That alembic is hot!

Ill take the car though..

8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I would buy the car get a NOS kit and then i would burglarize the store/dude thats selling that bass... sumone stole my idea and made a movie about it like 3-4 years ago but they were smarter and stole cars :meh: ...

9. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i think beter buy a Buick Grand National...this will kill your Z06 :D

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Stock? Not likely. ;) With some upgrades though, those Grand Nationals can be pretty freakin' quick... if they make all the way down the track. :D

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Talk about totally hijacking a thread!

There's no replacement for displacement. The new Z06's come with 400hp, 400lb.ft. - 427ci engine with a 0-60 time of just over 4 seconds. And that's bare bones stock. I'll take the 'Vette.

12. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    If you plan to take any corners, the corvette is less appealing!

13. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I would put spinners on the bass.

14. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Its my all time favorite car,i get mine in the next years to come.

15. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    are you kidding? That vette does more than 1 G on the skidpad.

that bass is hot, though.

16. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

To continue hijacking my own thread :eek: .....

The BASE Corvette has 400 hp. The Z06 has 500. The only way a stock Grand National can touch either is in a head on collision.

Peace,

James

17. Ahem, if some idiot at HRT HQ didn't leak the price, the Holden/HRT/HSV Monaro 427 would've mopped the floor with all this compition :p

I don't have time to post specs, just do a google search for Monaro 427

Btw, we export the 'stock' versions to the US, i beleive they get rebadged as Pontiac GTO's, in UK they are called something different again.

18. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    HSV Monaro 427 engine = Corvette Z06 engine
    Monaro is slightly heavier than the Corvette and has a more restrictive exhaust system. The rest is physics.

Could be that the wizards at HSV are doing something a little extra to the 7.0L, like they did with the LS-1, but I doubt it. Could be that they are doing something to improve the backpressure. I'm a little out of the loop on that.

There's not a lot more, if anything, to wring out of the 7.0L. It's pushing the envelope of what the Small Block V8 design can deliver. The 7.0 is not built at the same plant where the 6.0L LS-2 and other small blocks are built. It is hand-built in a Performance Powertrain facility specifically set up for this mission. If the Monaro uses the 7.0L as is, it will be a very potent car, but won't deliver the same performance numbers as the Corvette Z06.

Peace,

James

19. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    me too

20. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I'm getting one of these.
    [​IMG]
    Just as quick as the Z06 for less and not as much "little penis syndrome" attached. BTW I have an Alembic too :D