1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super Expensive AC/DC tickets givin me the blues..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mind Eroded, Sep 19, 2008.

1. So i found out my childhood heroes, Ac/Dc, are going on tour this year....and I think to myself, this is a no brainer, im going!!!.....then i look up tickets on google and reality hits me....$200 bucks for nosebleed section!!, $1000+ for decent seats, and it still goes up from there.
    I am not necessarily blaming the band, which im sure had very little to do with their tour ticket pricing, but I guess they rather have white collar professionals going to see them, rather than regular blue collar guys like me, because even though they are my heroes, i simply do not have that kind of dough to blow on a concert. To anyone who is going...hopefully you didnt have to take out a second mortgage to buy the tickets, but you will probably have an insane time because there is no doubt in my mind they will ROCK THE HOUSE, even if the stadium is filled with lawyers and accountants.

Just my small rant, sorry.

-Paul-

2. That's pathetic. There's no band that would get that much money from me for a ticket.

3. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    That sucks...

When I start going to gigs in the 80's a MAJOR band was charging less than $20 in a 2000 seater venue. I think I saw Iron Maiden for about $15, Joe Satriani $10. Dire Straits were expensive - $25.

Now you're paying $200 for a ticket - an increase of 10-20 times. That's not inflation - that's a rip off. I've seen tribute bands charge more than I paid to see the real thing, and I'm not talking back in the dark ages... I'm only in my 30's.

To make it worse you're now in a venue 10 times the size - big bands are just too lazy to tour any more, so ticket revenue has increased 100 fold.

They make 100 times as much. We pay 10 times more and get a worse product...

And they say that live music is going to save the music industry from downloads - not at those prices. The only major gig I've been to in years is Rush - someone gave me free tickets.

Ian

4. Joe Garage

Joe Garage

Mar 13, 2005
    OMG!!! Is this for real?!!!!!

I was also totally ready to see them on this tour, but there is absolutely no way I’m paying 200$!!!!!!!
    This is so disappointing.

5. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I saw them in Omaha at Peony Park, a theme park that had a pretty large swanky ballroom and large stage where up and coming bands, who weren't quite large draws yet would play. That was 1978 if I remember right and the ticket was around $8.98 U.S. I think it's shameful that concerts and sporting events in which all classes of people could usually afford to attend are now events for the wealthy. Rock and Roll ain't the music of the people anymore when it costs several hundred dollars just to park your keister on a bleacher seat for a few hours. Until consumers say no more, I don't think things are gonna' change much.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Curious: how much of that $200 is miscellaneous fees from Ticketmaster?

7. Jeez, and I thought my $100 Who ticket was expensive two years ago... :meh:

8. wallybill

wallybill

Apr 4, 2007
    Tuscola, Il.
    I got my tickets for $91 + the pain for dealing with ticketmaster for Indy in November.