Super Festival Peavey F800-G used with bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wesker, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hi all,

has anyone used an F800- G with a passive or active bass before? I searched around some info and previous posts here and it looks like they are pretty similar in a sense of basic eq and pre-amp. I see that the G version has the fuzz and tremelo added which I don't necessarily care about. I am mainly wondering if the bass frequencies could impact the circuit in any way or if the low end frequencies are being "excluded" from this amp. It looks like during that era Peavey was making amps that would work for any kind of instrument so I would assume that these two versions are close.

Any clues??

2. deathness

deathness

Jan 19, 2015
    BKLYN
    Go for it. I've had good luck with using 70s solidstate guitar amps with bass and bass amps with guitar (acoustic and sunn, respectively). While no direct experience with peavey's festival series, I've tried a similar time period Musician 400 on bass and liked it. Didn't feel like it was lacking any lows with proper eq-ing.

3. Hey deathness thank you for your reply. I looked through the manual (https://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/f800bg.pdf) and it looks like pretty much the specs are the same, people say that the overdrive differs and the G has fuzz which I am not sure how this will sound for bass. I will try and give the amp a try and take it from there. Thanks a lot for the response.

4. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    One available local. Did you ever give this a try?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021