1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super Hot Chili Claims the Life of Aspiring Chef

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Deluge Of Sound, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Daayumn!!!!!! :eek:

2. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    [​IMG]

3. crazy! i remember my girlfriend going nuts on my birthday and eating all the chillies on the table at the restaurant, after a few moments i could see what was happening and i had to rush around to get something sweet to eat asap

4. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    ?

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I gathered that it was a food reaction, not necessarily that the pepper was so hot it killed him.

-Mike

6. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Best. Episode. Evar.

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Guatemalan Insanity Peppers.........

8. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    There's danger in walking around thinking you're the pope of chili-town.

9. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    +1, with him "scratching all over" sounds like it was an anaphylactic reaction to something in the sauce.

10. At the last real job I had the guys played around "getting" each other with REALLY hot sauce. Several times I was amazed that someone didn't get really hurt or die!! One of the truck drivers bit into a burrito that had been loaded up with Endorphin Rush. He JUST about fell out and couldn't catch his breath. Other guys got it near their eyes and nose when they put it on their safety glasses :scowl: A fun bunch to work with. Another guy sucked some up through a straw that they loaded up and put in his soda. That was BAAAAAAAD!!
    I dipped a chicken nugget in the Endorphin Rush and just about killed myself with the damn stuff :mad: That stuff is horrific.

It sounds like the guy in the article died from a reaction, not pepper heat.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It is also really good in chili and spaghetti.

I took two spoonfuls of it once, in a contest similar to what you describe of your co-workers. I used to have a bunch of buddies over every couple months and we would lay out 10-20 bottles of hot sauce. Some old, some new ones we acquired since our last meeting. We did a last man standing contest. Good times indeed!

-Mike

12. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    am I the only one reminded of the dumb and dumber scene with the peppers & rat poison?

13. It's WAY too hot for me to enjoy. I was hurting for the rest of the day when I had it on the piece of chicken. I ate about 10 cups of crushed ice :( I hurt myself on habenaro peppers once also. That stuff aint for me!!

14. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    at jungle jim's u have to sign a contract to get their hottest sauce, intense i thought.

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Ice ain't gonna do it. Milk is far better at calming spicy heat down than ice is.

16. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Milk and Bread.

17. Water makes it worse, if I recall...

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Soaps the best. It gets rid of the hot oils. So suck on a Life bar next time.

19. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    :eyebrow:

Or you could eat some bread...