1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super Lead and 215?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkateer86, Jul 21, 2008.

1. funkateer86

funkateer86

Aug 21, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Hey guys,
    i've been using a marshall super lead and kustom 410. i like the sound but was kinda wantin' to bring the 215 back out. i'm not gonna blow this head am i? as long as the ohmage matches i'm good, right? by the way, the marshall is a 100w that has been converted to 50w with a solid state rectifier. thanks!

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Correct.

Usually when an amp like this is converted to half power, its done by removing half of its power tubes. I believe that after this has been done, your amps corect ohm settings should now also be halved too. So you would now set your amp to the 4 ohm setting for an 8 ohm cab load, or to 8 for a 16 ohm load.

Here's a link to the google search "pulling half the tubes guitar amp":
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ulling+half+the+tubes++guitar+amp&btnG=Search
    (just sift through the titles/headlines and you'll probably find lots of others confirming my ohm setting recommendations for your situation)

3. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Central FL
    As long as the ohm-age matches or the ohm-age on the cab is higher (numerically), you're good.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021