Super Long Shot.....my stolen 1976 LEFTY Carl Thompson

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by LHbassist, Apr 7, 2008.

1. LHbassist

LHbassist Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Reno, Nevada
    This is an incredible longshot- It just occurred to me, maybe someone has seen a very rare, and unusual Carl Thompson bass. It was stolen from The Rick Derringer Bands' van in Rochester, N.Y. in late 1991, or early 1992 during a blizzard! It was made for me by Carl Thompson in 1976. The date (serial#) is 10676. It was BROKEN at the time of the theft, the headstock broke off for the third time. I repaired it after the first and second time it was damaged, and modified it heavily, I'm embarrased to say. It was sans its' single body scroll, and truss rod cover, and finished in Turquoise. I know whoever stole it had to try to have it repaired, and what then? If anyone out there has ever seen it, I'd like to have it back, it, after all, is still my bass. It has a mahogany body, mahogany neck, rosewood board, originally 29 frets, cut down to 24. It may have been refinished back to the original mahogany, but a lot of filled old pickup and control routs will be visible. At the time of the theft, it had 3 brown colored Ibanez MC 824 Musician pickups, no pole pieces showing, and 3 volumes, 1 active EMG btc control. Schaller tuners and roller bridge. I have a pic of it somewhere that is too embarrassing to post, but can provide it if you want to compare it if you think you've seen it. Thanks for looking...Dave.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021