1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Super Mario Bros Theme

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dudemeister, Apr 24, 2003.

1. I recorded this beta-version of the Super Mario Bros theme last evening. This is how it came out.

I recorded it into my computer using Logic Audio and a Soundblaster Audigy card and plugged the instruments directly into the Line In socket.
    I played the bass line on my 4str Peavey Cirrus and the melody is played on my brothers Gibson SG except for the last five bars where I played the melody on the Cirrus.
    All drums and percussion are MIDI soundfonts.

EDIT: Right-click and choose "Save Target As..." to download.

<a href ='http://hem.passagen.se/blowsight/smb_128.mp3'>128 kbps version</a>
    <a href ='http://hem.passagen.se/blowsight/smb_64.mp3'>64 kbps version</a>

Remember, it's a beta version... :)

What do you think so far?

2. wow what a great recordi......*realises link doesn't work* uhhhhh where is it please.

3. Does it work if you right-click?

4. Hooray it worked. Wow thats cool, I love the kinda samba drum beat. You should email that to nintendo® & demand they use it in their next Super Mario Bros® game (and of course demand they give you lots of money as well). Congrats on that dude.

5. That is awesome, I love it. I gotta hear the next version.

6. Very cool. I wanna hear that with some real drums/perc, better get on it ;)

7. Hmm, Soundcard at work makes everything sound one octave higher (Don't ask :D ). But sounded right! I'll check it out when I go home tonight

8. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Cool!!!

:bassist:

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow, I that's great, dudemeister.

Those drums are sound fonts eh? Where'd you get 'em? They sound great.

10. Thanks everyone!
    Unfortunately I'm not able to record with real drums and percussion so these MIDI drums will have to do...

The drums are from a company called Sonic Implants and are called "Blue Jay Small Ambient 2".
    I first got them from Oysterman to try out, but bought them later on because of their quality.

Look here for more info http://www.sonicimplants.com/Products/drumimplants.htm

11. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    awesome man!!!!..I really like it. Great job. :bassist:

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That was fun... what was the lead... was that guitar? or keyboard?

edit: I read your post. I should do that more often instead of randomly asking questions...

13. That's simply great my fellow swede :)

14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Very cool!:bassist:

16. sounds nice!

I know a band that only plays computergame music including Super Mario and Doom. I checked their site and I found out they split up, but you can still download their mp3's. The site itselve is very cool too:

www.supercursorland.com

cheers,
    jasper

17. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Have you heard the NIN "remix" of Super Mario? Edit: Can't figure out how to link it, go to heavy.com, it's there.

18. Edit - I got it now, no help needed....

19. wow thats tight!

20. did I just hear two yelps at about 40 secs in? Is that you?