1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MakiSupaStar, May 13, 2010.

1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    :bassist:

I'm actually chomping at the bit for this one.

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    ditto. when does it release? i haven't been following it. actually i haven't played wii since semester break when i conquered lego star wars and indiana jones. now that grad school is over ill have all the time in the world...

3. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's out in about a week.

4. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Red Dead Redemption>Mario Galaxy 2 (Although it does look awesome)

5. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I have a 7 year old son who has been hooked on Mario Bros games for about 3 years. I bought him a Wii and the New super Mario bros game for christmas and he has already beat it....LMAO. We rented paper Mario and he almost beat it in a weak. He is obsessed. I'm trying to find super smash brothers for wii to see if hed like that. The Mario games have come a long way since the original but I don't like the long stories they have at the begining of a lot of their games

6. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    I'm excited for it, I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out, or soon after. I do hope that their promises of Yoshi are far more kept than they were in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I think Yoshi was in a whole 3 or 4 levels...disappointing.

And also, I hope Luigi is easily obtainable too. In the first game, you had to get all 120 stars to use Luigi. So I still have yet to actually do it, but that's because I move on from games so I don't actually give it the full effort. My own fault.

7. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    **** yeah!

8. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My six year old is also in the throws of a full of Mario obsession. Super Mario Galaxy is the reward for passing his times 6 multiplication tables while in 1st grade. If he completes his times tables before the end of the year, we promised we'd get him a DS. The dude is driven and it looks like we might be on the hook for it. :atoz:

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

10. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    I`m kinda partial to Super Mario World on the SNES. But Mario 3 was really, really good.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Super Mario World was pretty great as well, no doubt.

12. SonofJud

SonofJud

Dec 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Yoshi's Island was a baller game and in my opinion better than any of the Mario games

13. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Cool. Super Mario Galaxy was great. I played it until I got stuck with every available world being a "fall to your doom" level.

BTW, Mario 64 FTW

14. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    +1000000
    Mario 64 was revolutionary and remains amazing to this day. It may not be the most graphically impressive game, but who needs that when the gameplay was what it was? Fantastic, and I still don't think a single game has beat it since.

15. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It has yet to be surpassed, period.

16. I was always into the Zelda games. Ocarina of Time is still one of the best games ever made.

17. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

Jul 1, 2008
    Same boat here!!!! Just finished grad school and there's no way in hell I'll actually find gainful employment! It's time to play some serious Mario until I have to sell my wii to pay the rent when I run out of money sometime in mid fall.

18. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    But then there was Majora's Mask...;)

19. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Exactly. Many attempts have been made and the following Mario games tried to be it, but none have succeeded IMO.

My problem is that I played Twilight Princess first. I loved it, but going back to Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console afterwards just didn't feel as good.

20. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I know what you mean....a few years ago my son was hooked on transformers. He wanted Metroplex for his birthday so i promised i'd get it for him......then i realized how hard it was to find......I ended up paying $90 for a piece of plastic that looks like a robot. He played with it for about 2 weeks....at least video games take a little longer...LOL