1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super Mario Theme song

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Anyone got a good one?

2. Check with Jean Baudin, he might have some performance/tab/notation suggestions for you. :)

3. yeah but if jean tabbed it it would be sortof like this
    ----------
    ----------
    --------
    ---------
    ----------
    -----------
    --------
    ----------
    --------
    ---------
    ----------
    -----------
    --------
    ----------
    --------
    ---------
    ----------
    ----------
    ---------
    ----------
    --------
    ---------
    ----------
    -----------
    --------
    ----------
    --------
    ---------
    ----------
    ----------
    ---------
    ----------
    --------
    ---------
    ----------
    ----------
    ---------
    ----------
    --------
    ---------
    ----------
    ---------

except with markings on the lines

4. haha yeah anyone got a 2 hand tappign one for 6 string bass?

5. nah. I like the good old finger style 4 string version.

6. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Why not just figure it out the notes? You'll learn it faster that way

7. Meehaw

Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    You can tap the tune on a 24-fretted four string. You will have to change the key and play one bass part an octave higher, though.

8. I DONT WANT A TAPPING VERSION!

9. I do XD
    I'd like to see a 6 string tapping version.

Does anyone have a program that can 'unmix' the tracks from a midi file? I have a super cool midi of some of the lesser known Mario soundtrack songs. I think some are from Yoshi's Island.

10. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    www.911tabs.com is a tab search engine, it'll search all of the tab sites out there

11. Dude!...mellow; find your happy place...

12. Meehaw

Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    Sorry.

13. Many midi programs can show you the notation for individual tracks in a midi file, and even play with the levels and instruments. Midisoft is a good program - if you can find an old Windows 95 (or 3.1) version, it should be freeware.

14. BASE

BASE

Mar 27, 2006
    Guitar pro 4 or 5 can import midi's quite nicely. Sometimes I use noteworthy composer as well.

15. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Finale does it just fine!

Mario's pretty easy to learn by ear... do i that way so you can just transpose it to whatever key you want.

16. All of those are windows programs ;) Would someone (with an antichrist OS) mind transposing this Mario midi for me?

Peace

17. Ziddy

Ziddy

Feb 19, 2006
    Code:
    G|------------|----0-------|------------|------------|----0--2----|-0----------|---|
    D|-2--2--2----|-2----------|------------|------------|-2--------3-|----2-----0-|---|
    A|----------3-|------------|-3--------0-|-2--1--0----|------------|-------3----|-2-|
    E|------------|-------3----|----3--0----|----------3-|------------|------------|---|
    Hopefully you can get the gist of it from there.

18. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Guys, I'm working on a 6 string tapping version in powertab. If that's what you guys are after, PM me for it. (I should be done in a week or so, cause I've got some other stuff to do too.)

19. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    England
    I'd be interested in that midi file.
    Upload it to http://yousendit.com and I'll post the tab/transcription for you :)

20. booradley

booradley

Mar 28, 2006