Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Super Mario World

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MCT, Jul 24, 2005.

1. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    I've recently picked up playing this game (Super Nintendo) and I know a lot of people out there have played it too. Well when you reach Bowser's castle there's this awesome theme music that sounds like slap bass. I was wondering if anyone else thought that it sounded cool and I guess umm a sound clip would be awesome.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, Super mario world is one of my all time favorite games. I learned this like 8 years ago around the time I first picked up a bass.

This is just 30 seconds of it, I mean, it's just a loop. one track of heavily effected bass :)

Bowzer undground

3. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    SWEET!! thanks man

4. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Whoa, that's awesome! What bass/effects/method of recording you using?? I love that tone!!

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I used a bitcrusher with a phaser and some heavy EQ, there is also a tiny touch of reverb and some echo(very small) and a little compression.

I could have spent some more time on it to get it to sound cooler, but I had only just woken up like an hour prior, I hadn't even eaten breakfast heh.

6. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Ha! Ok, that's pretty damn cool. Well done.