1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Super Markbass Super Booster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by SirMjac28, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    The Markbass Super Booster

The unit is housed in a bombproof aluminum enclosure that’s powder painted a bright school bus yellow. It’s obvious that some thought went into this design because the control knobs for the boost and the VLE and VLF filters are recessed, which can save you some real heartache if you tend to be a little rough when stomping on the switches. On the back of the unit there are ¼ inch input and output jacks, a ground lift and an additional balanced and processed DI (XLR) out which will allow a convenient connect up when recording directly into a microphone preamp. A Markbass supplied 12-volt DC wall wart powers the unit. The base of the unit sports a very small recessed switch that lets you choose between buffered or true bypass output. A peek inside reveals precisely soldered electrical connections and all components firmly attached to the enclosure.

The Super Booster is easy to use with a maximum boost of 14 dB’s available with the knob maxed out, just set it to taste and turn it off and on with the left footswitch. The right footswitch actuates the tone filters, which can either be used individually or in tandem. The first of the two tone filters on the unit is the VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator), it rolls off some of the high end to give you a more vintage-like tone. There’s nothing wrong with this filter, but I don’t really don’t see the use of dedicating limited pedal real estate to something that can be achieved by rolling off the tone control on your bass or your amp. The second filter, the VPF, is what this pedal is all about. With the twist of this single knob the lows and the high are boosted and the middle frequencies are cut and the resulting tone is the sickest, slickest slap bass tone just this side of Marcus Miller. In a direct comparison to two other name brand tone-shaping units, I found the Super Booster to have a much more transparent and pleasant high end. The other two units both produced a slightly harsh and fatiguing tone when set with the same parameters. As an added bonus the VPF gives older strings a new lease on life, allowing you to save a little by stretching out the time between string changes.

This pedal is in excellent condition and contains power supply and box. I love the buffering this pedal does it quieted down my noisey pedals as well as having some awesome tone I just bought a Fryette Tube Buffer so I'm offering this baby for sale the price for the pedal is $70.00 which is just a bit over half price for a new one the price includes shipping with tracking to the Continental U.S and Canada if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Further Information: [B]http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=117[/B]

Video:

Attached Files:

2. dex

dex Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2002
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'll take it. PM sent.
    and....
    Payment complete.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Thank you sir and she is sold going to beautiful Vancouver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.