Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Super Milk Chan (WTC in pop culture)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick man, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Did anyone watch the premiere for this new show on Adult Swim?

It was weird to say the least (BELGIAN WAFFLES!!!!), but the thing that stood out the most to me was the fact that in the view from the mayor's window you clearly saw the World Trade Center buildings. Im wondering what the deal with that is. It seems like an insensitive thing to do since many of the viewers could have lost loved ones on 9-11. It didnt serve a purpose as far as I could tell and any other buildings would have worked.

Opinions?

Peace
    Nick

2. IBTL!

Oh. Oops, wrong thread.

I dunno, I'm not sure why some people are so sensitive about the WTC. I mean, if you had loved ones that were lost in 9-11, yes, that is quite tragic, and you have all the right to be mournful about it. But seeing that I do not, and it's been a few years since that tragic day, I frankly wouldn't be offended by it in the least.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    This thread is in no way political and does not have to go into that territory. Please dont drag it there.

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I don't know... Maybe the show has been shelved for a few years? It's sad of course, but I don't see why anyone would freak out about it at all. I mean I don't think they are trying to piss anybody off.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If your father was working in the buildings when they were hit would you have the same attitude?

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I'm not sure, but either way, I don't think that they are trying to piss people off in any way by showing them.

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I haven’t seen it but it could be any other buildings:/ there are few others skyscrapers that somewhat look like it and also have 2 towers that look the same side by side... just a thought

What weirds me out is people try to ignore it like it wasn’t there... ever... like there was a movie that was shot before it happen and then after it happen they cut shots out where it was in the picture... i mean i understand it somewhat because they didn’t want people to think of it when trying to relax and watch a movie but still... it was there... kinda like don’t ignore the fact that it was there... its like going back to all movies and re-mastering them with out WTC...

I have to say though... WTC was an amazing design buildings... very cool looking... if it is maybe its way of remembering it... like "it still there in our minds/hearts/etc"

Then again I am drunk right now so I am sorry... I should stop.

Cheers

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Perhaps the cartoon was made years ago. It could be that they were gearing up to premier it right after the towers fell so then they put it on hold or something.

brad cook

9. That show was beyond stupid. I watched the first 15 minutes and couldn't be bothered to watch anymore. I was already mad from that stupid "Perfect Hair Forever" garbage (with the ending credits that lasted half as long as the show did)

Consider me an extremely po'ed Adult Swim fan right now.

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I can't help but have my emotions stirred whenever I see an old movie or TV show with the WTC in them. "Men in Black" is one I saw recently, there are many others with all the movie channels out there.

It's tough.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Since they edit so much out of anime before the air it in the US dont you think they'd do that in this case too?

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

I don't know I guess..I don't watch anime and I don't have cable. I was just speculating.

brad cook

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Images of the WTC dont bother me much... I'm one of those people that didn't notice it until it was gone...

Its sad and all, but I think people should be able to see a picture of them without freaking out... Family members die, we keep their pictures up...

14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Who said the NEEDED to edit them out? Yeah of course it would make the people families remember them or something, I don't think that the people who lost someone that day are going to flip out because of it.
    If someone took them out because victims families were sad about it, that would be sad. Like if someone lost someone in Iraq, TV's obviously not going to stop airing stuff about it.

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    IIRC correctly it was Spiderman and the scene (or was it a promo) was apparently a web between the two buildings. I can't remember if there was supposed to be a plane flyng into the web or not...I seem to recall it that way, but maybe its my memory getting blurred by the possible irony.

I also remember Arnie's film "Collateral Damage" was put on hold for a while because it dealt with a terrorist bombing on US soil.

16. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, I guess the scene in Spiderman was supposed to be one of the coolest scenes in the movie. Did they have that on the special features at least? I forget...