1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Super small/lite heads - need recommendation

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by little1, May 2, 2010.

1. little1

little1

Apr 30, 2010
    portland oregon
    I posted a few days ago asking for feedback on the smaller portable amp setups (thanks!). It has been a mission of mine for two years to find this perfect tiny, light configuration that doesn't break my back. Well, I just bought an Ampeg 15" cab (not the heaviest, not the lightest). It just sounds sooo GOOD! I'm going to use that with my Ampeg 2 x 10. Now I just need the perfect tiny loud as s*** head to go with them and I'm good to go. Any thoughts??
    Thanks
    Little1

2. why not the ampeg SVT 7?

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    everyone makes a micro head now, and imho they're all good. ampeg makes an svt 7 pro and micro vr if you want to stay with them. used to own a markbass little mark and they rule pretty hard. genz benz shuttle also rules pretty hard.

4. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I bought the GK MB-500. I was watching them from the beggining since I have always loved GK sound, but alot of ppl had trouble with the earlier revisions. Thats why I waited. I think since the rev. A07, they changed the name from MB2-500 to just MB-500. I have had no trouble at all and the best part is with the G.I.V.E. button engaged, it sounds like my old GK700 rbII. With the G.I.V.E. button disengaged, it sounds alot like a Little Mark to me. A nice option to have. Lots of power in 3lbs. 12 oz. and 1 ru.