Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Super Soakers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    As there's a thread going on about Nerf Guns, I thought I'd start a thread about one of my child hood hobbies....collecting and using Super Soakers. I had the full CPS range, from the 1000 to the 3000, including the 2000(MWAHAHAH!). Now only the 3000 survives, the rest had major internal valve failures. Anyone else share this passion for water warfare?

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I had the one with the backpack. 300, maybe? It shot like a firehose for about 5 seconds, then you had to pump it for 5 minutes. And dang, that backpack was heavy!!!

Now that I'm older and smarter, I realize that a garden hose is what you want in a water war. ;)

3. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Every single Super Soaker I ever owned leaked. I usually got more soaked from my own soaker than from my opponents.

4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I remember we had one that was so heavy it took two kids to operate and it needed to be mounted on something to steady it.

5. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Heh heh heh. I also had 2 monsters and the monster XL....that thing is HUGE. Weighs over 20lbs full.