Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

super super cultural prize giving contest

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gia, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    hi mates.
    in honour of the britain thread, i will be sending a parcel filled with cross cultural english fun and joy to three people who answer my riddles....

the contest will be open for four days, and on saturday i shall pick 3 names out of my cyber hat :cool:

pm me your answers...

1. One afternoon, a retired air force pilot and his family were driving through Texas on a vacation. They pass a road sign. One of the children remarks on the fact that the sign is named after a newspaper comic.
    After about five minutes, they pass another sign, which reads, "Golf Road". As soon as they pass it, the man turns to his wife and says he knows what the next sign will say, and that he'll bet her twenty dollars that he's right. She agrees, and they drive on. After passing the next road sign, the wife finds that her husband is right, and hands him twenty dollars.

What did the last sign say and how did the man know?

2. An Arab sheikh is old and must will his fortune to one of his two sons. He makes a proposition. His two sons will ride their camels in a race, and whichever camel crosses the finish line last will win the fortune for its owner. During the race, the two brothers wander aimlessly for days, neither willing to cross the finish line. In desperation, they ask a wise man for advice. He tells them something; then the brothers leap onto the camels and charge toward the finish line. What did the wise man say? Explain your answer

3. Who killed one-fourth of mankind? Explain your answer.

Depending on how many people get them right, i might accept 2 out of 3 correct answers.

Don't cheat people, it will take all the fun out of this AMAZING ONCE IN A LIFETIME COMPETITION.

Good luck!

2. I dont know the first two , but i know the last one......
    .........Barbara Striessand!!!!!!!!!!

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    you are.........WRONG *bzzzz*

4. you have a pm gia. *crosses fingers* i really want that parcel

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    thinking of you: you are..........CORRECT! *ding ding*

You will know if you have won on saturday morning (english time)

So far there is one potential winner - thinking of you.
    Although Blisshead is well on his way.

Come on guys! Start guessing! This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity!!

6. uuhh, just sent pm (before seeing previous post)

7. SCORE!!!!!

i owe this all to my sister, my math teacher, and my crazy drugged up *can't give away answer* teacher...

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    now we have three potential winners - thinking of you, driver800 and Blisshead! :D

9. STFU

STFU

Jun 17, 2004
  10. if nobody else sends in an answer then everyone gets prize!!! :)

in the meantime...

*starts tapdancing*

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    brendan just figured it out! 4 people in the running!

12. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    vbass is indeed a clever laydee :D

so is Jared Morante! :hyper:

come on people! get guessing!! you all have an equal chance of winning this SUPER SUPER FANTASTIC CULTURAL EXTRAVAGANZA!!

you'll be kicking yourselves when you don't win, and the super super winners post pics of their amazing outrageous prizes!

13. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    after one night, we have no new winners. 5 entries, but they were all wrong!

talkbass, this is your one big chance to win the prize you have always dreamt about!

remember all those times when you've woken up in the middle of the night craving for something that you couldn't identify?

well this prize is it!!!!

14. I'm too angry to think about anything right now. :mad:

15. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    it's because you got it wrong the first time isn't it :(

or if you didn't even enter, it's anger in anticipation for when you don't win because you couldn't be bothered to enter this FANTASTIC SUPER SUPER COMPETITION :mad:

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    actually, I have on occasion woken up during the middle of the night and taken note of something nearby which I couldn't identify... I've generally found it quite disturbing. :meh: Ironically enough, on one occasion, that not immediately identifiable item happened to be a half bottle of Olde English 800 (Why is there Malt Liquor in my bedroom? -gasp- Why is this not my bedroom?) ...which by the way, I've always wondered if they have Olde English in England... but, I regress - I have no desire for unidentifiable items during the middle of the night or any other time. So, I was wondering if you are willing to PM the answers to anyone who is riddle solvingly challenged yet is being driven (slightly more) insane by these riddles you have posted. If you would be willing to PM the answers, I promise not to pass on the answers to anyone.

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    but if i PM'ed the answers to you, you would be out of the running for the SUPER SUPER FANTASTIC ONCE IN A LIFETIME PRIZE!!?!?! :(

meh, your choice, PM on it's way ;)