Super super sad.... !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Elliot Smith, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Elliot Smith

Elliot Smith

Apr 29, 2005
    I remember telling you guys i want to get the Fender japanese jazz bass. However, when someone bid for my old bass at ebay, I realised that I have extra cash for a Fender MIJ Aerodyne ( the one with the pickguard). Too bad !! That big A**hole cheated my feelings, he din reply my emails or pick up my calls.... we were susposed to meet.

The jazz bass cost SG$700 and the aerodyne cost $850... Should i save up a bit longer or just kiss the aerodyne goodbye?

I want to play alot of 80s glam rock and i was afraid that jazz bass wouldn't suit the genre....

Really depressed rite now...... I hate that guy... can't believe he have fun cheating a 17 yr old....
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    hey,stay positive and keep searching
  3. relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    It ain't the end of the world, bro.
    Make sure you leave feedback about this guy at ebay.
    The MIJ aerodyne is a sweet bass for sure, but they do turn up here from time to time. Re-post your old bass and maybe you'll find a seller this time.
  4. Elliot Smith

Elliot Smith

Apr 29, 2005
    I absolutely love the aeroodyne, though its bit pricey. If i change its pickups, it will become my dream bass. A jazz body, jazz neck, PJ pickups.

About reposting on ebay, I gotta tell you that is a really quiet shopping place. No one do their shopping there.... there's not much hype about online shopping in Singapore( i'm a exception of course, got all my clothings, shorts, shoes, cds online)...
  5. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Heya fellow SGean! Yah, is really quiet and I don't trust most of the auctions there. By virtue of it's maturity, the Yahoo auctions are a little more trustworthy... but you can't find bass gear there at all.

If you haven't, I suggest that you check out the classifieds - you can find some really nice stuff there :)
  6. Elliot Smith

Elliot Smith

Apr 29, 2005
    If i get the jazz bass and change its pickups to dimarzio model j... will i get the fat rock tone? ( think Duff of GNR)
  7. Take it from an ebay vet and I'm sure that guys like Brad Johnson will concur -

Don't fall in love with any particular bass on ebay - there's always another one down coming down the line.

It was a hard lesson to learn but once I got that down, it made things a whole lot easier from the "losing" bidders perspective. :D
  8. Whoa, from the title I thought this was another Sadowsky thread. :D

Don't worry, just wait around here on TB or the Dudepit and something interesting will usually come up in the for sale section.
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thats what you get for wanting to play 80's glam rock.