Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Aug 9, 2003.

1. woooooooooooo hoooooooooooo

i was talking to my mom about getting a new bass soon, and she said if i would wait till my birthday she would get me the one i want as long as its under 1000 dollars. GT-7 HERE I COME YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT my birthday is march 10th, and luckily for me these next few months will really fly by because of band and then christmas will be here, so hopefully the wait wont seem too long! cant wait for march!
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this is not about a specific bass, and so it's off to off topic.

congrats. hope your mom doesn't change her mind.
  3. ok, sorry bout that, i wasnt sure where to put it. looks like im giving in to the dark side :D

btw, congrats on the pinhead makeover (the avatar)
  4. So your getting a Conklin Groove tools-7 string? Well congrats. I gotta GT-5 and It the best bass ive ever had. The only question I have for you is will you be able to handle a 7 string bass? I saw the neck on one of those babies and I cringed. I tried to play it but I had no clue what I was doing. Well if you truely want to jump into the 7 string realm, Good luck and have fun. Peace
  5. well, im not scared of neck size, i have larger than normal hands, and was planning on getting a 6 string anyways, and like JT always says, the gts are the best basses out there for under a grand, and since they dont make a 6, might as well go for a 7 :D i cant decide if i wanna go with a high f or a low f# though :meh: i might get both and try them out and see which i prefer.besides, i LOVE conklins!
  6. But how can you love Conklins if you don't have one? Not to sound like a dick or anything. Well you probably played one before so yea...
  7. i meant i love the way they look (call me shallow, but i dont want no ugly bass!) and sound (from sound clips and such). i havent been able to play one but theres nothing i can do about that :( dont worry, you didnt sound like a dick, its a legit question
  8. I'm lucky if I get $200 from my mom for my birthday ... damn you *shakes fist*
  9. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    well, i am a fivestringer, but played a GT-7 bill dickens model at the musikmesse in frankfurt.
    i was very surprised at how easy it was to handle. very easy on the hand and wrist.
    just keep in mind that when you're absolutely anal about your technique, perfect muting might take some practice.
  10. yeah, ill probably do what progzilla does (use hair scrunchies to stop the vibrations) until i get the hang of it
  11. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i know how that goes dogg. its usually more like 150, but my parents suprised me and gave me 250... gettin a Ric 4003 on thursday!!!!
  12. sweetness! have fun with it!
    im thinking about putting myself into some cryogenic freezing until my b-day comes :D
  13. I asked my mom if she would buy me that Essex BG205 (that I now have) and she said she woudln't buy me it! It was only $143!
  14. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oh i will. also, i think you should go for the extra high string on the 7, it'll be hard finding a good amp and a good price that will reproduce that low F...
  15. well, i thought so too, but then i downloaded Progzillas sound byte of him playing octaves on the low f# and e strings and my lil cheapo cpu speakers could handle it just fine! besides, my next gear aquisition will be a yamaha 2X15 cab (maybe two of em!) and a nice head, plenty of low end there!
  16. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah, but its all about the frequency responce... i believe the low f is somewhere around 21 HZ... i doubt that the yamaha 2x15's could go that low. look @ what progzilla has, the madison hydro or something, those go to 20 hz.
  17. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I usually get around £50 mark off my parents but I'm chuffed withwhatever to be honest. On my 18th my dad was talking with my mum about giving me £1000 but when I found out I told him otherwise. I ended up with £200 that was greatly appreciated, anymore and I wouldn't have accepted it, after all it's them taht've looked after me/paid my way all thse years.

anyway, have fun with the bass.

Out of interest what birthday is it, 14th? ;)
  18. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    17 i believe...

sorry if that was supposed to be a joke....
  19. ...lame joke! :spit:

18th actually
  20. Oh yeah...I know...what a bad mother:rolleyes: